Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trip to Germany

Merlin, be sure to take your raingear, you will need it. Central germany has a climate similar to Seattle, Washington. Also, if you regularly use Advil, Tylenol, Tums, etc., you probaly want to take enough in your checked luggage for the duration of your trip. You have to get these items from a pharmacy (Apothetke) there, they don't sell them anywhere else. When you pass the hash marks on the Autobahn, drive as fast as you can, the more cars that you pass, the fewer you will have to sit behind in the traffic jam you will come upon in the next 30km :roflol: . Seriously, the traffic is very heavy at times, and can cause some delays. Have fun.

Hurley

If you are near Hamburg be sure to set some time aside for a boat cruise on the canals. More canals than Venice and the city was not destroyed in the war so there is still a lot of history. I thought that the remains of the Berlin wall were still pretty moving. The Brandenburg gate will stir a lot of memories. A sign of the times was that the last time we were there (two years ago) the young tour guide was more interested in pointing out the hotel balcony where Michael Jackson dangled his baby than the Freedom Arch.

• 2 months later...

From what I can remember I had a great time. Mainly Southern Germany. Ballet in Zurich on a day trip to Switzerland. Lots of tourist type stuff with trains and buses. 4 days in Munich were kinda foggy with that wonderful dark beer. Overall a really nice trip. cheers.gif