Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elite Match and Witness barrel questions

Qbert

I recently scored an Elite Match in .40 (non rail, LPA adj sights). Here are my questions...I'd appreciate any answers you would provide:

1) Does my barrel have polygonal rifling and/or how can I tell if it does? Glocks claim polygonal rifling, but they look like regular rifling to me compared to the HK barrels.

2) Are all the barrels that EAA sells now 'match grade' stainless barrels? In other words, are they the same quality as the barrel I have in my Match? Witness barrels

3) I have an older, small-frame 9mm Witness (circa 1998). Will the full size barrel on EAA's sight above fit my Witness? The upper lugs on my current 9mm barrel are peened and rolled over on the edges.

Thanks!

I recently scored an Elite Match in .40 (non rail, LPA adj sights). Here are my questions...I'd appreciate any answers you would provide:

1) Does my barrel have polygonal rifling and/or how can I tell if it does? Glocks claim polygonal rifling, but they look like regular rifling to me compared to the HK barrels.

2) Are all the barrels that EAA sells now 'match grade' stainless barrels? In other words, are they the same quality as the barrel I have in my Match? Witness barrels

3) I have an older, small-frame 9mm Witness (circa 1998). Will the full size barrel on EAA's sight above fit my Witness? The upper lugs on my current 9mm barrel are peened and rolled over on the edges.

Thanks!

My match 40 barrel has polygonal rifling and my 10mm match barrel has conventional rifling so you would have to look to know (polygonal rifling has round lands not square) I dont have any info on the after market barrels that they are selling now. Is the 9mm you have a small frame or a compact large frame? the small frame guns they used to import use a smaller magazine. either way you should be able to order a new barrel from eaa for it it just might take a while to get, I have a small frame polimer 9mm and the barrel outside diamiter is smaller than that of my large frame guns so the barrel on it is not interchangable but that may be different on a steel frame gun. you can check by trying the 40 barrel in the 9mm frame and slide if it fits then a similar 9mm one would as well.

hope this helps

Mike

i was going to run a briley barrel because i thought i had a crack in the barrel cam. looked just like a hairline crack. i took it to my local gunsmith the have him look it over. turned out to be an odd scratch in the finish. it looked for all the world to be cracked. had to inspect under a loupe. it polished right out. anyway, i have learned from several good sources that the briley is the brand, if the factory barrel is not an option. sorry, longwinded today. bored at work.

liontribe

• 3 weeks later...

I called EAA and they assured me you can shoot lead bullets in there polygonal rifled barrels. The 45 limited I have, it has a massive bull barrel, ten times stronger then a Glock barrel. Still, I will top all mags with a jacketed bullet of proper weight. This is till I get all lead bullets used then, I think I will go with Berrys 185 FMJFP I can get them fairly cheap. Well, thats the plan anyway. :cheers:

I happen to have A 10MM Tanfoglio Witness in what they call the compact frame (3.6" bbl).

I happen to know where I can get a .40 S&W slide/bbl that is off a target model (4.something bbl) for a good price. Would a longer barrel and slide work on this gun?

Edited by RedHawk