Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cabo San Lucas

Last time I was there I stayed at the Intercontinental Presidente. All inclusive place, so you just climb in the pool and drink all day.

Anyhow it was a nice place, but its been a few years. There are a ton of deals to be had, so don't be shy. A lot of the resorts are south of Cabo in San Jose. Cabs are easy, but they will screw you if given the chance.

I just took 60 people to Cabo in December. It was a great place! Much safer than anywhere else in Mexico, and cleaner. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, just 200 yds up the street from the Intercontinental Seth mentioned. I had gone down there last January to check out hotels. We chose Cabo San Jose because you can get a very nice all-inclusive hotel for much less than in Cabo San Lucas. During the day you are probably going to hang out at the pool or on the beach anyway so where you are does not really make a difference. We saw whales right off the beach in front of the hotel. That does not happen in Cabo San Lucas because you are in a harbor rather than the Sea of Cortez. For night life you have to go to Cabo Wabo and the Giggling Marlin. Night life doesn't start until at least 11PM. Really dangerous rip tides in most places so no real swimming off most beaches. Jet skis are available at most hotels. Good off-road adventures on ATV's or actual Baja Race Buggies if you are so inclined. The biggest lure to Cabo for sports is Marlin fishing. Book that at that marina to save a few bucks. Remember you really should haggle with everyone in Mexico. The village in Cabo San Jose is a neat place to walk around with many nice jewelers and restaraunts and it is more like a real village rather than a resort town that depends on the cruise ship business like Cabo San Lucas. Oh, did mention the Crowne Plaza is an all-inclusive so when you lay by the pool and suck down Pacifico's they are free!! I will be going back on my own dime for sure! P.S.- Just say no to the time share hawkers. They are very aggressive.