Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you disassemble a Blade Tech holster

MoNsTeR

(Imagine me throwing tools at the wall and swearing a lot)

SD:LFKHE:WSGHSDGKJSLKDjf stupid thing was designed by a frakin moron

The screws that hold the major components together screw into collars that are round, and the screws appear to be glued in from the factory, so when you turn the screw it just turns the collar and you get nowhere. The collars aren't hex-keyed or slotted or anything useful like that, plus they're inside the holster body where you can't get any tools at them anyway.

So how do you get this $()^&$)! thing off?!?!?

If they have started gluing them with locktite then you can try heating them. But I think you will have to get something behind them you can push down on to keep them from turning. If you have a vise then you can try clamping a piece of wood at an upward angle.

You might want to contact them, I can't believe they actually glued them so tight they won't come off.

If they have started gluing them with locktite then you can try heating them. But I think you will have to get something behind them you can push down on to keep them from turning. If you have a vise then you can try clamping a piece of wood at an upward angle.

You might want to contact them, I can't believe they actually glued them so tight they won't come off.

:surprise: If you get it hot enough to break the loc-tite, the holster will change shape, and you will not like the results.

They use heat, to shape Kydex.

A.T.

I tried using some 150 grit sandpaper (coarsest I had) for friction, but that just succeeded in stripping the finish off the collars. I ran out and got some acetone nail polish remover, but that didn't seem to be working either. Then I did some googling and found this thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/de...ago-screws.html

where someone suggested heating the screw head with a soldering iron, and that worked!

THAT'S RIGHT, SCREWS

I GOT YOUR NUMBER

SUCK IT DOWN

:ph34r: