Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sighting

wingnut

Not sure where to post this but here it goes.  While practicing both eyes open I noticed my POI was off to the right. And when I closed my left eye I was dead on. I am right eye dominant. Any idea?  I do use my distance lens in my left eye and nothing in the right so I can see the front sight. I never shot with both eyes open just started practicing it.

I have very close dominance in both eyes and I run into problems my groups will change on everything I shoot if I shoot both open then just one. Even my bow I shoot both open and just sight In with both open. Make sure you always keep them both open though. My old lady is right handed left eye dominant and she shoots about 3 foot to the left every time if they are both open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, wingnut said:

both eyes open my POI was off to the right. And when I closed my left eye I was dead on. I am right eye dominant.  

Might be wrong (once in 1983), but sounds to me like you are actually left eye dominant.

With both eyes open, bullets are going where your left eye is pointing, not your right eye.    :) 

If you want to shoot both eyes open, sight the gun in with both eyes open ....    

use the chapstick method.  dab some chapstick on the left lens of your glasses so that it isn't clear through your left eye.  that will force your right eye to do more of the work when both eyes are open.  then use less and less until you don't need it at all.

• 5 weeks later...

With both eyes oped i get 2 blurry front sights. Am left eye dominate. Started taping left eye to learn to keep both eyes open. Whats interesting is i have to move rear sight to the right, past center of gun, to sight it in. I have to do this to all my handguns.