Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loved this tidbit from BJ on shooters summit

rowdyb

Listening to BJ Norris on shooters summit and he said something that was totally new to me (which is easy as I'm new to Steel Challenge). He said he will try to shoot the very center of plates his first or second run so that he has an aiming point for subsequent runs. The idea being it is easier/faster to shoot at a defined spot in subsequent runs that just aiming for the whole target.

A total eureka moment and something I think I am going to employ. Did anyone else pick up on this or is it common knowledge and I'm late to the party?

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:59 AM, rowdyb said:

Listening to BJ Norris on shooters summit and he said something that was totally new to me (which is easy as I'm new to Steel Challenge). He said he will try to shoot the very center of plates his first or second run so that he has an aiming point for subsequent runs. The idea being it is easier/faster to shoot at a defined spot in subsequent runs that just aiming for the whole target.

A total eureka moment and something I think I am going to employ. Did anyone else pick up on this or is it common knowledge and I'm late to the party?

Absolutely with you on this one.  I thought, wow, that's brilliant.  He made so many little points like this one.  I also liked his reference to cranking some music to get ready to shoot.  Used to do that in high school sports and remember it having a great impact mentally.

I started doing this on the stages with the longer targets, like 5 to go, pendulum, and the 12" plate on accelerator, etc. a couple years ago. Works great! When you remember to back it down a notch and actually do it...