Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uncaptured Guide Rod and Spring

boudreux

Is there anyway to run an uncaptured guide rod and recoil spring on a Gen 4 Glock 34? I know there is an adapter but I'm having trouble finding an uncaptured guide rod. The only ones I see anymore have a screw that goes in the end of the guide rod, I'm guessing the is to capture to recoil spring but I may be wrong. 

I found the long guide rod much easier to get in n out

Jager

Adapter I use a

Zev

14 lbs Wolfe spring cause for me there is a lot less slide movement when pulling the trigger

And it runs flat with my 132 pf loads

20 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

I found the long guide rod much easier to get in n out

Jager

Adapter I use a

Zev

14 lbs Wolfe spring cause for me there is a lot less slide movement when pulling the trigger

And it runs flat with my 132 pf loads

This was kind of confusing to read. Do you use a jager guide rod and adapter? 

1 hour ago, boudreux said:

Is there anyway to run an uncaptured guide rod and recoil spring on a Gen 4 Glock 34? I know there is an adapter but I'm having trouble finding an uncaptured guide rod. The only ones I see anymore have a screw that goes in the end of the guide rod, I'm guessing the is to capture to recoil spring but I may be wrong. 

I use the Jager uncaptured extended guide rod on my Gen4.  This length will extended to the end of a G34.  You must use an adaptor on the Gen4.  I also use the Jager captured rods.  If you are changing spring weights then the extended uncaptured is great.  If you are sticking with a certain spring weight then I prefer the captured.

Edited by CharlieD

S

1 hour ago, boudreux said:

This was kind of confusing to read. Do you use a jager guide rod and adapter? 

Sorry was on my phone !!!

I use the extended heavy Jager  rod

The Zev adapter  for gen 3 springs and rods in Gen 4 guns

I use 14lbs Wolff recoil spring so the slide has minimal movement as the trigger is pressed

And that spring system works great reducing light strikes and allowing the gun to run flat under recoil with my 132 Power Factor reloads

Hope this clarifies things

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

S

Sorry was on my phone !!!

I use the extended heavy Jager  rod

The Zev adapter  for gen 3 springs and rods in Gen 4 guns

I use 14lbs Wolff recoil spring so the slide has minimal movement as the trigger is pressed

And that spring system works great reducing light strikes and allowing the gun to run flat under recoil with my 132 Power Factor reloads

Hope this clarifies things

That makes sense 

• 1 month later...