Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Happened to Grand Power?

JRM83

Back in 2015 Grand Power was all the rage around this forum. Now, 2 years later, all the folks who championed Grand Power have moved on to other platforms. What happened to all the shooters who swore it was the greatest thing since sliced bread? Been thinking of buying one (owned two, sold both) as my k100 was one of my favorite guns. I dont regret selling it, but I do wish I still had it. Is there some reason not to own a GP at high round counts? Something else?

I  own 5 different Tanfoglios, an HK Expert, Canik Tp9sfx, several Star pistols, I've shot most of the go to competition guns. CZ variants, Glock, m&p, XDs,  2011 platforms and multiple 1911 variants. 

I own a Grand Power xcalibur and a k100. If I had to pick just one platform to shoot it would be grand power. The Excalibur is literally good to go for production out of the box minus some grip tape. I feel it recoils about the same as my heavy steel frame guns but you get the point ability of a polymer. 

Valerko has some great videos about grand powers on you tube I would check out if your interested in them. 

Edited by pfcchambers
Format

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:10 PM, williamL said:

Me, too, search for more X-caliblur reviews. Any possible mod to improve. Apparently, not much out there.  Valerko has some good videos, and I hope there are more. 

I am looking for decision between Xtrim and Xcalibure. Haven't decide yet. 

I have both , use Xcal for USPSA and Xtrim upper on Xcal lower for IDPA , Xcal has slightly lighter trigger in SA and DA .Reset is pretty much on all hammer fired GPs. Q100 they dropped the ball as far as reset goes , unless you use my mod  , that unfortunately GP doesn't wanna change

20 hours ago, valerko said:

I have both , use Xcal for USPSA and Xtrim upper on Xcal lower for IDPA , Xcal has slightly lighter trigger in SA and DA .Reset is pretty much on all hammer fired GPs. Q100 they dropped the ball as far as reset goes , unless you use my mod  , that unfortunately GP doesn't wanna change

Xtrim upper to Xcal lower, is this legal to IDPA? I guess it is legal for Glock mod, so why not right. :D

I watched your trigger measurement video. I will go for Xcal next year. 

Do you use modified mag? or use factory mag? Factory mag price is high.