Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One piece tube for Versa Max

mitommy

I am looking to upgrade the magazine tube on my Versa Max Tactical. I thought Carbon Arms had a one piece 8 round tube that used a carbon  fiber sleeve held by a nitric coupling nut. That nut could hold a cap for 8 rounds or add a Nordic extension for more capacity. The advantage is I would not need a clamp. 

I looked at the Carbon Arms site, but can't seem to find it.   Does anybody know of the item is still available, and what it is called?  

Looking at their website it doesn't look like they're doing the 8+whatever version anymore. They have a shorter one that is the same length as the factory tube but gives you better construction and more solid threads to put a longer tube on. I found one of the old ones listed on a 3rd party website https://jandlgunsmithing.com/product/carbon-arms-versatube-8-11-rounds/

but I would probably call them to make sure they still have some in stock. I had one a long time ago when I shot a VersaMax and I'd say it was a worthwhile upgrade.

11 hours ago, amccallister said:

Looking at their website it doesn't look like they're doing the 8+whatever version anymore. They have a shorter one that is the same length as the factory tube but gives you better construction and more solid threads to put a longer tube on. I found one of the old ones listed on a 3rd party website https://jandlgunsmithing.com/product/carbon-arms-versatube-8-11-rounds/

but I would probably call them to make sure they still have some in stock. I had one a long time ago when I shot a VersaMax and I'd say it was a worthwhile upgrade.

I sentbthem a message to see if they had thin in stock. 

Another thoughtbiscto get the magazine parent from a VM Tactical Competition. Does anyone know if that is a single 8 round tube with Steve and extension?

Yes, the VM Competition tube is pretty much the exact same as the old Carbon Arms tube. I don't know if anyone sells them separately but that would definitely work if you could find one. It's my understanding that Remington used/licensed the Carbon Arms design when making the VM Comp.

J & L Gunsmithing no longer has the Carbon Arms 8 round tube. They now use RCI X-rail.

So it looks like I'll have to contact Remington to see about the Tactical Competition magazine tube availability.  

On 8/1/2017 at 7:21 PM, T Bacus said:

Have you checked with RCI, they could probably cut and re-thread their 10 round mono-tube to 8 rounds.

No, I never thought of that. Off hand, I think it will be bore expensive than the VM Tactical Competition tube.  I'll have to check.