Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

p320 trigger "double click"

abigger04

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Sig p320 tacops and after dry firing the weapon I noticed that the trigger on this unit seemed different than the other p320s that I test fired. It seems like my trigger has the reported "double click" issue and also doesn't feel nearly as crisp as I remember when I test fired other p320s before I purchased this one. This model does have the new adverse trigger.

Here is the video I took earlier capturing the trigger action:

Is this normal?  Has anyone else experienced this type of function in the p320 trigger?

It's a pretty common occurrence with the 320s. Kind of annoying in dry fire but you absolutely won't notice it during live fire. Get a couple hundred rounds through it and the trigger should shape up nicely for ya. My first 320 had a heavy 7ish lb pull but after a few months of regular range sessions it dropped a full 2 lbs and was much more crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check your springs under the sear. I had a p320 compact doing this and one of the two spings wasn't in its proper place. It was laying side ways. Trigger was inconsistant from shot to shot. The gun was brand new. I replaced the spring because the one laying side ways was bent. Best of luck. 

• 2 months later...

I dry-fired a P320RX at my LGS and was dismayed to feel a first click upon striker drop, then a second click beyond that...followed by the regular click-click-click.  I hated that double click.

But my own 320 X-Five has the dry-fire click, but not a double-click.  The first click happens at the same moment as the striker drop.  I like that much better.