Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement Front Sight for a Mossberg 930 JM PRo?

LHshooter

I've had a Mossberg 930 JM Pro for about 6 months and finally patterned it to see exactly where it is shooting. I found that it shoots high even after lowering the stock with the factory-supplied shims. So, I would like to raise the front sight by replacing the factory sight with an aftermarket, but have not been able to find one.

Anyone know of an aftermarket fiber optic front sight I can put on the JM Pro? I believe the factory sight screws off, so ideally I would like a taller sight that I can screw in, rather than gluing a sight to the rib.

Thanks in advance for any info.

The Hi Viz Comp and Tri Comp are popular front sights and they come with an assortment of attachment screws including a 5-40 (Mossberg standard thread size).

The Mossberg factory bead is rather large/tall, not sure the Hi-Viz will really be that much taller unless you place a shim underneath it. Having the vent rib dovetailed (it’ll need a shallow cut) for a rifle or pistol front sight is another option

Think I used the Tru Glo 950 to solve the exact same issue. Really tall and much smaller fiber optic rod.

Mentioned the item# in the mega thread on the JM930 in case I am giving you wrong info.

Mark

I use a small machinist clamp - but a pair of pliers with a tape, or piece of pop can, shimming the jaws (to prevent scratching the bead or rib) is really all it takes. Then its rightly tighty, lefty loosey.