Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Norton Identity Safe Classifies BrianEnos as "Weapons"

During some recent update for my Norton 360, I found that it had created folders and categories for my web site logins (no, it didn't bother to ask if I wanted them).

What really torqued me was that my logins for sites like BE, Brownells, DawsonPrecision and USPSA were moved to a folder called "Weapons"

I posted a note on the Norton Forum explaining the pejorative nature of the "Weapons" category and requesting they rename it, but don't expect much in the way of action. At least the reply told me how to remove the categories and blaming the names and sorting on the developers.

/rant off/

Glad to know Norton is still evil software. Back when I used to do quite a bit of system build / upgrade work and troubleshooting the first question when someone was having issues was, "Do you have anything Norton installed?" I got real good at performing "Nortonectomies".

Glad to know Norton is still evil software. Back when I used to do quite a bit of system build / upgrade work and troubleshooting the first question when someone was having issues was, "Do you have anything Norton installed?" I got real good at performing "Nortonectomies".

The new evil is McAfee.

The new evil is McAfee.

Literally!

And in my Windows days, which wasn't that long ago, I always found Norton Internet Security to work well, fast, and unobtrusively. 360 on the other hand has additional stuff that wants to get into and second-guess your registry database and system files and that not only caused a whole lot of overhead processing but it also often made the wrong recommendations for system changes. I still have Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on my network at work, and it runs fine.