Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz custom +20 scorp ext FTF constantly

Has anybody had any luck making these run . I talked to CZ custom they say I'm the only one that Is having problems with them.  The mag spring doesn't keep up or 

The angle of the bullet stack stops it from moving up in time.

I can't get any more than three rounds to run before it jams the gun.

1 hour ago, Duke Nukem said:

Works fine with factory 20s and 30s same ammo works in the 20s and 30s but when I put the extension on it pukes.

I actually don't believe CZ custom that I am the only one having a problem with their extensions.

There are several folks who have complained about this exact thing. 

The issue was the rough machining marks on the inside of the extension doesn't allow the follower to slide up smoothly, and it often gets hung up. 

One of my acquaintances with this issue was told by CZC to send it back, and they smoothed out the inside. It runs just fine now. 

I had the same problem and they told me the same thing, "I was the only person with the problem."  I like CZC but that comment combined with all the reports of problems concerns me. 

The Taylor Freelance +10 run like a charm.  I did have to increase my OAL to 1.160 on Berry's 124Gr HBRN.   I am only competing with the TF mag extensions.  I have two +20 CZC extension that I will cut a good deal on, if they want them.

No run?, CZCustom Scorpion extension. Stopped using it. Looks nice, that's about it. TF's work!, no problems.  Sure , your the 1st. one (maybe today). I'd guess the "spring" is the issue from what I see/feel on mine?...Bought one for my son, he gave up also...

Edited by mike NM