Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 disassembly help

CrashDodson

The hammer has probably moved too far in the rearward position.  Move the hammer forward some to see if you can get the thumb safety to engage.  I like to get the thumb safeties out prior to removing the search spring to keep the hammer in the full cocker position.

Is this the first time you have disassembled this pistol?  The thumb safety fit on SVIs are really tight.  I mean really tight!

Edited by Fowlmouths

Thanks. I watched that video too. The hammer at this point can freely flop around. I have tried holding it in different positions but cant get the safties to engage all the way. I tried to reinstall the sear spring with no luck. Since i cant get the grip saftey off this is a near impossible task.  This is the first time i have tried to disassemble this particular 2011.  I may have to give up and send it to someone. Which is just stupid.  SVs are nice until you need to work on one.  Like having a foreign car. 

I was finally able to get it by moving the sear/disconnector around with a pick while trying to set the safeties.  I took a small allen key and filed it down to a wedge and used that to wedge between the safeties and the frame and was able to get them out that way.  It went back together surprisingly easy for how hard it was to get apart.  Thanks for the help.  

Good deal!

Next time take the thumbrest safety off prior to the MSH and sear spring.  That way it is easier to keep the hammer/sear to stay cocked and in the correct orientation.

Edited by Fowlmouths