Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitment of Tanfo frame and various grips

MissionaryMike

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I just received and installed the new grips from EGD : perfect fit.

I compared the two cards in the plastic pouches of both sets of grips : absolutely identical, no dating or warning of any kind.

So, if there is no model year on the cards and, if, like my pistol , the stamping is 2015 but is a 2016 model, we are set for some aggrievation.

If you buy from a dealer, better send him an outline of the original grip or make sure he knows the differences.

Idem if you buy from another colleague.

The 2016 grips clearly have a different curvature along the back strap and, when you know, easy to make the difference.

Dan 

Good to hear. I just emailed Brian and gonna get the updated ones. Need to sell these 2015 grips now.

Good morning Homewrecker07,

By what I know from Tanfoglio standards, your grip is perfect. 

Same fitting than my new ones; we have to live with it.

If your grips were not the correct set of grips, you could see a hole at the lower right corner of your first photo, and believe me, no way you could miss it; really

annoying if you drop the gun in sand or if you shoot under rain.

9 minutes ago, DanRR said:

Good morning Homewrecker07,

By what I know from Tanfoglio standards, your grip is perfect. 

Same fitting than my new ones; we have to live with it.

If your grips were not the correct set of grips, you could see a hole at the lower right corner of your first photo, and believe me, no way you could miss it; really

annoying if you drop the gun in sand or if you shoot under rain.

So the gap on the entire backside of the grip is normal? There is also a massive hole on the upper rear side. 

On 12/16/2016 at 9:43 AM, PatriotDefense said:

Thats half of the issue we've seen.... The leading edge that the lip of the grip engages is another big problem we've seen. I just hate grips that constantly loosen up during use unless you use some kind of thread lock....

I use a tiny oring under head of screw.  Seems to work.  

grips are not getting loose anymore

3 hours ago, homewrecker07 said:

So the gap on the entire backside of the grip is normal? There is also a massive hole on the upper rear side. 

Hello,

With my glasses on I know see the hole....sorry, 

Exactly what I had.

I just picked up my pistol to compare grips.

You definitely have the 2015 grips on a 2016 frame.

The curved part of the 2016 grips is less pronounced.

The gap alongside the back strap is still there but much less with the 2016 grips.

Edited by DanRR

• 3 weeks later...

I ran into the same thing. It's all about the frame having a round trigger guard that is the issue. I have the exact same pistol as what you have. The good news is that if you call Henning he will get you the right grips. That worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran into the same thing. It's all about the frame having a round trigger guard that is the issue. I have the exact same pistol as what you have. The good news is that if you call Henning he will get you the right grips. That worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know thanks!
I'm liking that new Henning nickel plated (goldish) grip.