Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sear and hammer install

harleytech

Pretty much just read this post and you'll figure it out. The gun in the post in a SP-01, but still has everything your TS has. Yours will be easier to dissasmble and reassemble because there are fewer parts, but all the steps necessary for you are laid out.

Agreed.  It's actually not too bad at all once you have done it once.

That adjustable sear is great but know that you have to get the safety screw just right and loctite it in place.

Also, be aware that the pin connecting the strut and hammer can be a bear to get out/in.  Use the right tools and it will help a lot (I.e. starter punch)

Once you have this thing installed and adjusted properly I'd love to hear a report back on how you feel it's different than the factory trigger with the overtravel and reset screws adjusted. I'm a new TS owner and I have trouble imagining how I trigger could be better than an adjusted Factory trigger. But I'm also coming from a Glock so anything would have felt better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have this installed on mine and can tell you that it's different.  I can't say that it definitively lowered the weight, but I definitely have less movement now and the break is "cleaner".  It may be lighter, but I don't use a gauge so I'm not sure.  Losing some movement was definitely worth it for me.  With the stock hammer and sear, you can't get such a small amount of movements without having the the hammer rub the sear on the way down and eventually damaging itself.

Also, it changes the way the safety operates.  I can now put the safety on without the hammer being back (don't really consider that a win/lose either way)