Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

titegroup/n320 + Ibejiheads

Lowsider

I have a question regarding Ibejiheads. I need to order bullets soon to restock and have some questions. I have both titegroup and n320 available.

They will be run in a SVI sight tracker with the AET (USPSA Limited Major.) My questions are:

.400 vs .401;
which powder would be better;
Starting gr of powder;

Any info/experiences would be helpful. Thank you.

Edited by Lowsider

400 or 401 depends on your barrel.  I always used the 401 with very little problems in my edge.  Not sure how the SV AET barrel is as far as diameter.  I always used titegroup with them also.  At 1.165 iI needed 4.3 to make a consistent 169 170 PF.  

I personally use titegroup, but know people who have used both. And we both use Ibejiheads at .401. As far as charge weights, they're almost identical to get similar velocities.

Titegroup is definitely a hotter powder than N320. And so, you'll get a little more smoke using titegroup. And they say N320 seems to give a softer recoil feel. But N320 cost almost twice what titegroup does.

And for temperature variations, titegroup gets slower in colder temps. While those who use N320, tell me it get slower in hotter weather.

I just tested some 180gr Ibejijead RN in my RIA widebody using N320.

Quickloads indicated 4.5gr-4.7gr at 1.145" should be just right for Major. 

I found a PF of 165 at 4.5 and, and around 172 at 4.7 when I shot them over a chrono (only did 5rd strings, probably should have shot more).

I did note that I needed to load these to a shorter OAL than 200gr BBI's or 185gr Precisions.

Edited by thormx538

• 2 weeks later...