Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther q5 match

DKnoch

Anybody seen, shot, or ran the new Walther q5 match? I wanted a sig p320 target, but the Q5 caught my eye and I'm curious about it. Also, anybody know if the standard ppq basepads will fit it fine?

Daniel K

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for replies. Britin, i didnt see your post until now, sorry. Looking at the m2, it isnt dramatically cheaper than the Q5 when you consider the extras. If i remember correctly, you get a fiber optic front and adjustable rear, an extra mag, and a different trigger (maybe better?). You get slide cuts too, but i dont care about that one way or another

Daniel K

Held and shot one at IDPA Nats this past week. For the money, it's a value. The trigger was damn good for factory and the reset was similar to something you'd find from Apex. I ran some WWB through it and follow up shots were still very manageable. For as light a gun as it is, I was surprised at how flat it shot. 

Held and shot one at IDPA Nats this past week. For the money, it's a value. The trigger was damn good for factory and the reset was similar to something you'd find from Apex. I ran some WWB through it and follow up shots were still very manageable. For as light a gun as it is, I was surprised at how flat it shot. 

Nice, thanks for the response. Did you get to shoot any stages with it?

Daniel K

Looked to be a .110 FO. While I didn't shoot it on any stages, the owner did let me run a few mags through on some steel plates.

I'd seriously  look at one for Production with the possibility of use in CO as well. Handled one at the Walther table that had the Deltapoint. No co-witness but from what some CO have reported, after some dry-fire practice, it's unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, v1911 said:

Someone around here I think told you how great the PPQs were - hmm who was that ? :)

James

13 minutes ago, extremist said:

Someone around here I think told you how great the PPQs were - hmm who was that ? :)

James

Won't argue that the PPQ has a great trigger and is a good gun. My only issue is that I can't use them (or anything not a 1911/2011) in IDPA. I'd have to retrain my grip so that I don't ride the slide release. In USPSA that's a moot point.