Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRSP "Action Target" Alaska State 3 Gun

Took second in open and this was my loot! Not to bad for my first prize table event!

10/22

$225 gift certificate

Warne T-shirt

Ergo grip

Ergo magwell grip

Ergo rail covers

Thanks to Birchwood and all the sponsors

post-34074-0-16476700-1371433391_thumb.j

Edited by cworks

the brsp shoot was awesome. one of the most technical shoots out there. I came in second in production and was feeling good. thank you STI for the cert. I will be giving you a call to order my frame. thanks again.

The match was fun over all. I would like to thank the sponsors. I came in 3rd in open behind cworks above and 9x23guy who always gets 1st in open. I ended up with a STI frame kit certificate, Warne 100 certificate, Warne scope tool, 30 round Brownells mag and some cleaning patches. The prize table was very good.

Here are some videos.

One of the stages I thought was unique and very good was the springing teal stage where a clay launcher shot 25 birds up in the air 4 seconds apart. This stage also had some clays on the ground at 2 different boxes and the shooters could decide to play it safe or take a chance and win big. Most of us played it safe. One shooter took a chance and shot the airborne clays from the other shooting boxes while cleaning the clays on the ground and it killed his score and another shooter did this and it gave him the best score of the day. I played it safe and had a middle of the road score here.

Not a fan of that last stage due to the use of clay targets for rifles. As many know they are semi reactive targets. Meaning sometimes they break and let the shooter know they were hit and other times they act just like paper and have a little hole through them providing the shooter with no feed back. I prefer steel or paper targets myself that way you know what your getting and what to expect.

One thing I will say for this match is you will always see something that you will never see at any other match. I enjoyed it. Good job to Dshooter3 for running a great match.

I will miss 9x23guy (1st place open) as he is getting assigned to a base in the lower 48. He has helped me a lot on my shooting over the last few years and been a good fiend. Dshooter3 gave him a very good parting gift. 9x23guy has a unique way of pronouncing the word holster it sounds more like hoesoter when he says it so Dshooter3 gave him a toaster with a holster bolted on the side. It was great. Now we just need to get the Fairbanks club and the Kenai club to throw a three gun this year and all will be good in the world. I have to take the time to thank Dshooter3 for the efforts he has made to grow 3 gun in Alaska. Before he took the job at Birchwood there was only 2 or 3 matches a year in Alaska for 3 gun. He has brought us 2 club level matches a month which is great. These matches have helped me get better as a shooter through much needed trigger time. We have a bunch of great shooters up here its like a family.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

This is the clay stage I sucked at hard. It did not post right earlier.

Also have to give credit where credit is due. The Firebird AKDALs in the match ran great never say a hick up with them. We had 4 R&R Saigs in use at this match 3 Firebird AKDALs and 1 Remington 1100 with an Xrail. The Xrail gun was having issues and I am not sure if it was due to the gun itself or the Xrail that was fitted to it.

We also had some first time three gunners from the military who showed up and represented their unit well. They were Air Calvary I believe. Great group of guys and all combat vets like cworks and 9x23guy. One of them really had an impressive run on the long range stage using a carbine with only a Aimpoint T1 on top of it. Glad to see our troops getting out and shooting and having a good time. Thanks for your service to all the vets who showed up. I believe I was the only cop there which is frustrating because I have invited plenty of my friends in several departments to come out.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

post-4390-0-60546900-1371503108_thumb.jpThank you Renee you did the stats, helped scored a squad, helped me with all of the little details of the match: all while she was training for trooper class.Renee I could not run this match without you.

Just don't tell her we don't shoot trooper class here.

Edited by dshooter3

The score are up on Practiscore.com Under BRSP "Action Target" AK state 3 gun championship..

This is the easiest way to score a match i have ever used thank you MGM, STI and NiftyBytes for making this available free of charge

Great match and probably the closest production race this season; in Seward and at the Action Target Alaska state 3-gun I wound up winning both. The first was a war between dshooter3 and myself and at the BRSP match between myself and kodiak907. Great battles on stages and a really challenging match! Had a great time with great weather and lots of great people. I can't wait until I jump into the open division shark tank next year, just bummed I won't get a chance to take on the champ! Huge thanks to all the sponsors that made it possible to have such an awesom match. And especially a ton of thanks to dshooter3 for the many hours of calling and writing sponsors as well as designing stages and all the other match adminstration details that nobody saw but made it a great match for everyone. Also, thanks to Renee for helping with the scores and keeping everything in line. I can't wait for next year to see what new and cruel stages we get to adventure through.

Here's my set up for production and my haul from the great prize table!

post-40105-0-51315000-1371505504_thumb.j

post-40105-0-33293200-1371506457_thumb.j

Edited by Akkid17

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, I'm really gonna miss this place. The shooters up here are truly like family and you are all welcome down south when I get there. No matter where I go or how far I make it in our sport I'll never forget where I got my start and who helped me get there, especially you Pat. I also want to say thanks for the going away gift and I have attached a nice pic and yes the toaster is functional, lol. Thanks to all of the sponsors and the staff and match director at Birchwood. I wish all of you the best.

post-33308-0-54398400-1371507192_thumb.j

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, I'm really gonna miss this place. The shooters up here are truly like family and you are all welcome down south when I get there. No matter where I go or how far I make it in our sport I'll never forget where I got my start and who helped me get there, especially you Pat. I also want to say thanks for the going away gift and I have attached a nice pic and yes the toaster is functional, lol. Thanks to all of the sponsors and the staff and match director at Birchwood. I wish all of you the best.

If finished, unload and show clear... If clear, slide foreward, hammer down and... Hoaster! Haha

First I would like the thank the sponsors of the BRSP Action Target AK state 3 gun Championships

Action Target donated the mover used in the match and was my titled sponsor

The additional sponsor where

Alaska Tactical,

Alaska Rubber Supply,

Ammo King,

Red Box Refuse LLC,

Valley Armory,

Chemo Guns,

Ergo Grips,

STI International,

Warne Scope Mounts,

Timney Triggers,

Northern Security,

Artic Arms,

Brownells,

Talley Manufacturing inc

Artic Ammo and reloading supplies,

Alaska Industrial Hardware,

PCL Construction

Frost Modular

The generosity of the sponsors was overwhelming, Thank you

I would like to thank all of you that helped set-up/tear-down, RO and the score keepers. Even though I get paid to run these matches I could not put on a match like this without your help.

To the rest of you on the forum if you would like to shoot a very technical match in Alaska keep an eye on the forum for the match announcement.

"Attack of the clays" stage. I am going to have to train my camera woman a little better. I played it safe and engaged all 25 aerial targets from box b, and then ran to box A and C to engage the 10 stationary targets.

th_10.jpg

And here's the production video. Mover looks so slow, even if the open scores didn't count I would have liked to run the mover fast for my real run too.

Edited by Akkid17