Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reassembly Problem

470nitro

Guys:

First time disassembling/reassembling my Shadow.

All went pretty well until attempting to reinstall the sear/ejector cage subassembly.

Placing it into the frame, I cannot get the cage in a position where the hole is centered where the safety lever shaft goes. Through the hole in the frame, it looks like the sear/ejector cage hole is too far forward by nearly 0.080" or so +- 0.020".

If I remove the small hammer pin retaining peg, it allows it to go to the correct position to completely install the safety. I can see rub marks where the lower back edge of the cage is contacting retaining peg but there does not seem to be a way to get the peg in any deeper as it's flush with the bottom of the hammer pin hole on the LH side of the frame.

Any ideas of what am I doing wrong?

basically it sounds like it can't move back because the sear is bumping into the hammer, now allowing it to move into place. i can post a vid later, i'm barreling down i-85 in SC right now with the wife driving.

We will pray for your soul. I-85 Southbound is no place for a lady...

:surprise:

470Nitro-

Are you sure you didn't mix up the trigger pin with the hammer retaining pin? Its (the trigger pin) longer (than the hammer retaining pin) and causes what you are describing.

Edited by Shadow

470Nitro-

Are you sure you didn't mix up the trigger pin with the hammer retaining pin? Its (the trigger pin) longer (than the hammer retaining pin) and causes what you are describing.

BINGO!!! That was it. Won't forget that one anytime soon.

Thanks a ton everyone.