Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ross Seyfried's 1911

JD45

when I started shooting IPSC in 1984, somewhere along the line I would read everthing about guns before going to bed. One article that Ross Seyfried, wrote I remember to this day the comment he used about learning the fundentmentals of markmanship, so you can shoot with "surigal precision". "Sugrical precision" over and over I would tell myself, I still remember that phase to this day.

The cover photo of the article had him standing shooting his 45 with his arms not exactly extending out like we do today, his head tilted down and his eyes bearing down the pistol, with a cowboy buckle on his belt and a string of brass flying out! Very impressive for a young man, who just wanted to shoot like that!

That was the start for me. :)

Don't remember the article but have talked to Ross quite a few times over the years. Best tip I ever got on shooting came from him. I was trying to shoot a silhouette handgun and having trouble. Then read an article by Ross that said to look through the rear notch, as if it were a peep sight, and let your eye line up and center things naturally. Worked!

• 2 weeks later...

read an article by Ross that said to look through the rear notch, as if it were a peep sight, and let your eye line up and center things naturally. Worked!

Interesting! That's how I shoot. I never looked at it quite that way before.