Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 550 not putting new primers in

AirBoyzT

I have a Dillon 550, loaded the primers in the primer tube, and when I pull the handle, it takes the old primer out, but doesnt put a new one in...help please...

Did you put primers in the tube? :P

Have a look at the primer bar and see if there is a primer in the cup.

Download this and go through it...

http://www.dillonhelp.com/manuals/english/Dillon-RL550B-Manual-May-2007.pdf

Edited by JThompson

I have a Dillon 550, loaded the primers in the primer tube, and when I pull the handle, it takes the old primer out, but doesnt put a new one in...help please...

Pulling the handle is only to size & deprime. When you return the handle to the upright position, then you need to push it away from you to seat a primer. :wacko:

Alan~^~

Is there a primer in the cup when you return the handle forward?

I have had debris get behind the primer bar, which stopped the bar from travelling rearward enough to let the primer drop from the tube.... If the press has never dropped primers, you may have to adjust the limet screw out till the primers release from the tube.

be careful about how tight you get that 'nut' on top of the primer bar that the little blue alarm sits on top of.

the first time i loaded up primers i screwed that thing down too tight and it put too much pressure on the primer magazine inside. the result was that it warped the little red plastic piece on the bottom that holds the primer for the primer bar to pick up. that kept the primers from dropping down.