Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to Wisconsin

My girlfriend just got a job in Manitowoc Wisconsin, so it looks like I'll be moving up there in a few months. It's about 40 minutes southeast of Green Bay right on the lake. From what I could tell on the USPSA website, their's a club in Onro that looks like it's only an hour or so away. Does anybody know of a good range that I can practice at near Manitowoc? Are there any other clubs in the area that hold USPSA or steel matches? Is anybody from the Manitowoc area? I know NOBODY in Wisconsin besides my girlfriend, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Robbie

Welcome to Wisconsin!

A lot of the small, local ranges do not have websites, so you may have to find them using the phone book or word-of-mouth (ex. asking the clerks at a gun store). I am from the western part of the state, but I know a fellow who goes by RH45 on this forum that is from the Fond du Lac area. Perhaps you could PM him about this. [sorry to volunteer you, Randy.]

As far as shooting sports goes, here is a good place to start looking:

http://wisconsinshooters.com/joomla/

Thanks for the info! That site already has more clubs listed than the USPSA website. I'm making arrangements to shoot Area 5 instead of Area 4 this year. It's pretty cool that I can pay for it online. You guys are high-tech up north.

Welcome to Wisconsin.

I don't know of any local ranges in the Manitowac area, that doesn't mean their not there though. The WI shooters website is a good place to start, lots of info there. Most of the USPSA clubs in WI shut down for the winter unless they have an indoor range. The USPSA club in Omro no longer holds their matches at Springbrook. They have their matches at the Ripon Club. Not to far from Manitowac. So there are 2 USPSA matches a month at Ripon, plus they shoot IDPA as well. I run the USPSA program at the club south of Milwaukee, Schultz's. We shoot on the 2nd Sunday of the month. We have one steel match a year and that is always in July. NISA (Northern Illinois Shooters Association) also shoots at Schultz's on the 4th Sunday of the month. We have Oconomowoc Sportsman Club, they are west of Milwaukee, they shoot 3rd Sunday. We have a club in LaCrosse, and a new club just opened west of Madison, they have their first official match this week-end.

So plenty of shooting once the snow melts. Give me a call or e-mail if you have any other questions.

Tom

Thanks for all the welcomes and info. I'll definitely be shooting at the Ripon club. It's awesome that they hold two USPSA matches a month. I'm going to be in the area in mid February to look for housing, so I'll probably check around for local ranges at that time. Thanks again to everyone. :cheers: What would we do without the benos forums?

Welcome to Wisconsin.

I don't know of any local ranges in the Manitowac area, that doesn't mean their not there though. The WI shooters website is a good place to start, lots of info there. Most of the USPSA clubs in WI shut down for the winter unless they have an indoor range. The USPSA club in Omro no longer holds their matches at Springbrook. They have their matches at the Ripon Club. Not to far from Manitowac. So there are 2 USPSA matches a month at Ripon, plus they shoot IDPA as well. I run the USPSA program at the club south of Milwaukee, Schultz's. We shoot on the 2nd Sunday of the month. We have one steel match a year and that is always in July. NISA (Northern Illinois Shooters Association) also shoots at Schultz's on the 4th Sunday of the month. We have Oconomowoc Sportsman Club, they are west of Milwaukee, they shoot 3rd Sunday. We have a club in LaCrosse, and a new club just opened west of Madison, they have their first official match this week-end.

So plenty of shooting once the snow melts. Give me a call or e-mail if you have any other questions.

Tom

Can you tell me where the new club west of Madison is located at? I live south of Madison and am very interested in finding a club close to home.

It is just outside of Lodi the name is Winnequah Gun Club WWW.winngunclub.org Tomorrow there is a indoor match the first official match as a USPSA affiliated club. Have been having indoor and outdoor matches for the last year but not sanctioned.

Holy crap, you're leaving???! :surprise:

Dang, have fun up there Robbie, see you at a major sometime.

Let me know if I need to send up some warm clothes;-)

Yeah man. I'm excited to move to a new place, but I'm pretty bummed about leaving the shooting community here. No more free pointers from Phil at matches, and I'm not quite sure whether my sponsorship with J&K will continue or not. I'm sure I'll be down every now and then to see family, and I'll probably try to shoot matches when I come. If not, I'm sure I'll see you at some majors. I'll be at DTC, but I think I'm going to shoot area 5 instead of area 4.

I'll let you know if I need any SVI grade clothing :roflol: Thanks Robert! :cheers:

Edited to add** Congrats on making the silver team! I just saw the line in your signature.

Edited by Rob D

Thanks for the info! That site already has more clubs listed than the USPSA website. I'm making arrangements to shoot Area 5 instead of Area 4 this year. It's pretty cool that I can pay for it online. You guys are high-tech up north.

Glad to have you in the Area, and at the Area 5. The online payment was something I pushed hard. I don't like not knowing and can pay it off as I please; over time if needed.

Anyway, welcome to the area Rob.

JT

A5 Team

Edited by JThompson