Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vtac front sight help

ninemmbill

So I need to mount a front sight on my AR with a Vtac handguard installed looking like this:

smith030.jpg

Will this do it? It this part number right JPTR-FS

bhjptrfs.jpg

It looks like it mounts on the front two hex head screws, but i'm not 100% sure, they are small screws.

Thanks in advance.

OK, you can't used the part you reference, it is for use with the slots on the handguard, not the top. You can use any of the following parts though, depending on whether you want the rail to extend all the way from the receiver or just under the sight, and what length your handguard is.

JPTR-R, the full length that runs from the reciever to the forward most screw hole on rifle length handguards,

JPTR-M, the mid-length

JPTR-C, the carbine

You can use all of them on the rifle length handguard, the carbine and midlength on a midlength, and only the carbine on the carbine. Measure your handguard and see if it is 12", 9", or 7".

If you have questions, you can call me at 800-387-4045. Thanks,

Mike

OK, you can't used the part you reference, it is for use with the slots on the handguard, not the top. You can use any of the following parts though, depending on whether you want the rail to extend all the way from the receiver or just under the sight, and what length your handguard is.

JPTR-R, the full length that runs from the reciever to the forward most screw hole on rifle length handguards,

JPTR-M, the mid-length

JPTR-C, the carbine

You can use all of them on the rifle length handguard, the carbine and midlength on a midlength, and only the carbine on the carbine. Measure your handguard and see if it is 12", 9", or 7".

If you have questions, you can call me at 800-387-4045. Thanks,

Mike

This...

I tried without asking and you can't get it to work, even if the slot was correct the gas block gets in the way.

Yes, I have that part on my vtac handguard for mounting a front sight. No need for the full length top rail if you just want to mount a front sight. I did double check the part # at jprifles.com.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...