Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered an LMT lower today...

38supPat

FPX flat top upper, Leitner-Wise bolt, Firebird carrier, Lothar Walthar mid length 1:8", Firebird 12" FF handguard, Firebird micro adjustable gas block, Nordic comp.

short, fast handling, smooooooth...

Or... one of the new Firebird piston uppers...! :cheers:

But I could be slightly biased :roflol:

Sounds like you area talking yourself into several uppers... :cheers:

Question: are you hung up on 16" for a reason? If no, and you want a multipurpose rifle, would you consider going with a longer barrel...?

Edited by ken hebert

Yeah, I see a few top ends down the road too. For now I'm thinking of getting a fairly plain Jane 16" carbine top end (flattop) with irons, it will work fine, though a bit long for CQB and a bit short for IPSC and service rifle, but will allow me to do all of them without spending a pile of money

• 4 weeks later...

Got the RRA upper on it. 1/9 chrome moly heavy barrel, flat top, m4 ramps, standard front sight A2 flash hider. Threw an old beaten C-more railway on it with a 4moa dot. Sighted initially at 50m and was grouping @ 1". Also played with using the lens of the C-more as a really big ghost ring aperture with the front sight and was poking quick A's out to 15m...lol

I'd shave down the front sight base and throw a JP rifle length FF tub on it. IMO it improves handling over those short carbine handguards tremendously.

For now this is a do everything rifle so the sights will stay, I'll get a fixed rear for it at some point and decent optics too