Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED M2 options

I want to buy a CED M2 chrono in the near future (no real rush as i dont feel like testing rounds in sub-freezing weather, haha) and I want to know opinions on all the "extra" you can buy. The battery, the IR screens, tripod, etc. I think Im going to get a case for it for storage and transpo, but are the other really necessary? What are the pros of the IR screens over say the regular screens? Id rather just have everything I need on one order instead of piecing my chrono setup together.

Thanks!

C

I shot :) a skyscreen support once (more like a nick) so get an extra set of them in case I use yours at some point. If your range has solid tables to use their "table mounting plate"

kicks butt. Much better than friggin' around with a tripod IMO. Just use it in shade and you don't "need" that other stuff. Keep a (2)pak of 9v batteries handy.

Jim

I got the IR screens, and they were well worth it. I glued cardboard to the top of the diffusers, so the only light is from the IR emitters; thus the light is always constant. The battery for the IR screens will last for a full day at the range. BTW, you get new uprights and diffusers with the IR screens so you'll have a spare set (but they won't have the power connections for the IR).

IR screens are very well worth it. In fact that was a major reason for my decision to do that. Obviously I also bought the battery and the carry case because I wanted everything in one bag ready to go.

Well worth the purchase.

thanks for the input. do I need shade if i use the IR screens? The place where I am thinking Ill use this the most (private range my dad and i use to sight in our deer guns, etc) has a couple benches to sit it on, but NOTHING in the way of shade around them.

I glued cardboard to the top of the diffusers, so the only light is from the IR emitters; full sun to full dark, the light on the sensors is always the same.

any chance you have a pic of how big the cardboard is on there and how you have it set up?