Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gorilla Grip Tape Prep.

bkeeler

Started prepping my new grip for Gorilla grip Tape purchased from CPWSA This is for my new limited build. I have already done the grip stippling on my other limited gun and decided to do something different to the new one.

More photos when I get the Gorilla Grip Tape installed Monday-Tuesday?

post-226-1262468574_thumb.jpg

post-226-1262468590_thumb.jpg

BK

I am kinda stupid when it comes to building guns. I have never even thought about it. I dont even change my own springs I have a gunsmith for all that so when I ask this keep all that in mind..lol.

I thought the idea of the grip tape instead of stipling or other finishes is that you could just wrap it arround the grip when the gun was finished in a matter of seconds. So I was wondering why you were adding it to the gun so early in the process?

I am kinda stupid when it comes to building guns. I have never even thought about it. I dont even change my own springs I have a gunsmith for all that so when I ask this keep all that in mind..lol.

I thought the idea of the grip tape instead of stipling or other finishes is that you could just wrap it arround the grip when the gun was finished in a matter of seconds. So I was wondering why you were adding it to the gun so early in the process?

I reduced the grip and shaped it to fit my hand. B) You can just wrap it around if so desired.

BK

Edited by bkeeler

be sure to clean the grip real good with alcohol, before applying the tape. then take like a magic marker and roll it on the tape to get it even and remove any air bubbles. After that you can take a hair dryer and apply some heat, once you get it where you want it. That should be it.

I'm curious about the glue durability. I did one with a similar product and couldn't get it to stick consistently.

Let us know how Derek's sticks!

Seth it seems to be pretty sticky I think the trick is what Sean suggested make sure the grip is clean and apply heat. Also in the directions they recommend you fill all the checkering with a plastic 5 min epoxy and sand smooth. Well as you can see I sanded the grip before the tape installation. I did not use any epoxy to fill the checkering I sanded all smooth. I did use JB weld to fill the bottom screw hole that is not needed anyway.

BK

• 1 year later...

I have similar tape in my SVI and it is starting to peel off at the top of the grip. Does anyone have any suggestions a what might be the best adhesive to fix it, other than pulling it all off and applying a new one?

Thanks

I have similar tape in my SVI and it is starting to peel off at the top of the grip. Does anyone have any suggestions a what might be the best adhesive to fix it, other than pulling it all off and applying a new one?

Thanks

Check out Infinity webstore under grip section. They sell a good product for sticking grip tapes to your pistol grip.