Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I want to apply for the job of marketing direction for sig

Particulars

You ever notice that when you want a certain sig - 1000 other people have already wanted that sig model and its out of stock - meanwhile the ones you don't want have already been passed over by another 1000 people also -- duh - it seems like this job would involve sitting with feet up on desk and doing web searches to all the various sig seller sites - and having a list to put checks next to - then this gets turned into the factories and those that are not selling are discontinued and those that are selling get ramped up to meet demand -- I only got a B in economics in college but common sense goes a long way - it would be a win win marketing technique because the discontinued models would suddenly be more interesting -- I think I have the qualifications for this job - I had a year of german in eight grade and still know how to ask what time it is - in german - and I can sing the first few lines of "oh tannenbaum oh tannebaum vie troy sin I'en blatter" and I am sure the young german girls working in the office would really like a fat bald elderly american who gets drunk on just ONE of their brewski's . (somewhere in germany a fat bald elderly german has just taken his feet off the desk and is saying

"vas ist das?" ---- ) happy new year folks -- its about time to enjoy nebraska's superman suh ---

You guys do realize that Sig Sauer USA makes most of their profits through large contracts with federal alphabet agencies and law enforcement departments? Catering to the interests of the general public isn't in the best interest of Sig Sauer, unless we can put together a large enough order to compete with the current contracts.

You guys do realize that Sig Sauer USA makes most of their profits through large contracts with federal alphabet agencies and law enforcement departments? Catering to the interests of the general public isn't in the best interest of Sig Sauer, unless we can put together a large enough order to compete with the current contracts.

But they're not selling "silly" things like this to the alphabets...to each his own I suppose...

p226-equinox-detail-L.jpg

P226-Plat-Elite-detail-L.jpg

I kinda think they are a bit miss guided right now...I am a Sig lover BTW...I'm just sayin' <_<

I've gotta deamy 228 :wub:

Welcome to the Board! - I almost forgot.

Edited by hk_mtbr

But they're not selling "silly" things like this to the alphabets...to each his own I suppose...

p226-equinox-detail-L.jpg

P226-Plat-Elite-detail-L.jpg

I agree, those are hideous.

I'm going to speculate a little bit. I don't think Sig Sauer produces a whole lot of pistols that are similar to the two posted above. Similar to the Master Shop pieces that are available, they are produced when needed. I believe (and hope) Sig mostly produces pistols that are needed to fill contracts. Most of these designer pistols can be done during final assembly: slide finishing, sights and grips.

I have a hard time believing a company like Sig Sauer would be sitting on several thousand of either of the above pictures pistols waiting for sales to come in. That would be bad business.

basically I understand that this forum is for real shooters that want a dependable shooting gun -- and sig offers that - however there is also probably a market for pretty guns - pimp guns - or bling guns - what ever you want to call them -- I would think its similar to women who are not just satisfied with a big clump of gold on a ring or chain - they want it designed to highlight their eyes or something like that - do we judge women based on the type of jewelry they wear - and is it politically correct to judge a man by the bling he shoots? lol

I think the reality is outcome based - does the projectile care how it arrived to where it was aimed at? does the target say "but that was a bling gun that hit me" - a man gets a harley or truck and then tricks it out in all different kinds of way - some are to make it run better but at least half are about bling - so I would think the same holds true for a gun -- aftermarket is a billion dollar industry in itself --

now not to hijack my own thread but -- I ask a question -- do the rest of you approach gun buying like car buying (truck suv whatever) - do you see something for sale and try to save 20 or 50 or whatever - or do you just buy brand new what they want price - there seems to be a monopoly on the market - they know people are not going to usually buy from some lone individual across statelines even if it seems like a great deal -- the web sites hold the line even on used - I might email with an offer and have some luck but most of the time I don't even receive an email back - such glowing reports from previous buyers - but no doubt previous buyers that paid the full amount asked for - because it seems to me if you offer lower - they ignore you -- yet two months later the gun you made an offer on is still there - I don't know if they will end up like the car industry and get a bite in the ass == I am sorry for any of you who made a living selling cars and now don't - but after a lifetime of dealing with car dealers who just had to suck the last 20 out of your pocket I don't shed many tears for dealerships that are now dealing with that reality of karma coming back on them -- so I don't know if the same will happen to big gun sellers -- but a 30 or 40 percent mark up on a used gun seems a bit greedy -- yet there's more at the door waiting - where can you actually find a site that sells refurbished sigs - that actually has them in stock - wish list city is thriving - There was at one time so many web sites devoted to buying a used car - but heres what I found - show up with cash money in hand - but this does not work with used guns - you might save a tiny amount - but hardly ever WOW moments - there is only really one WOW moment used gun seller on the net - and you all know who it is -- you just have to type the first four letters on their name on google and its the top hit everytime -- I would like to see more such places - and I would like to see an end to backloading (shipping insurance etc - why can one place get your new gun to you for 20 and another needs 50? and before I step down from the podium I would like to give a shout out for world peace ---- to me its a real shame that more people do not research and find out more about pricing - this allows different sellers to continue to gouge buyers while smiling and telling them what a great deal they are getting just like the majority of car salemen did.

ya I know I am preaching to the choir here - thank god you have all been proactived in learning the ropes early - at least the line is being held where its at ... about bling - where are the damascus steel sigs? http://www.peterdyson.co.uk/acatalog/S617.PISTOL.%20800.JPG

Yes, go ahead and apply for the marketing gig. Then get me a good deal on a P239. :D

Well, to be honest, I do happen to think the female-bling (jewelry or whatever) and the man-bling (tricked-out guns, cars, whatever) sez a HELLUVA lot about the wearer/owner! That's what it's for!