Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

newbe

wingnut

Some of the cheep Holo copy sights are crap and will not hold -0- even on a 22. a cheep tube seams to hold better -0-.

If you can find a tube in the 45mm size = that should give you a chance to learn target focus and moving your eye from one target to next.. The eye should jump to the next target and the gun/ dot follow the eye.

A small 1" tube makes this harder to learn.

I am new SC what optics to used to get started. I am trying to keep the budget down till I see if I enjoy it. I am shooting a Trailside & a Highstandard 106. And should it be tube or holo.

I'd suggest a tube. Something like this : http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=797883

Thanks guys Iam going to try a tasco red dot 42mm and put it on the trailside and see how it goes.

go with the Tasco, they are dirt cheap now, if you can find one the PDP3 big dot is the ticket, otherwise the dots are all rather small at 5MOA, the PDP3 has the biggest field of view without going to the 'soda can' variety ofthe bigger PDP4's and 5's...

I can recall back in the day, when the Tasco's were juuuust being added to comp guns and we were blowing em up left and right and sending em back(gotta lovetheir warranty) they were about 250 bucks a pop, and we usually ran with 4 of em....one on the gun, one as a backup in the bag, one going back to tasco to be fixed and one coming back that was fixed....

go with the Tasco, they are dirt cheap now, if you can find one the PDP3 big dot is the ticket, otherwise the dots are all rather small at 5MOA, the PDP3 has the biggest field of view without going to the 'soda can' variety ofthe bigger PDP4's and 5's...

I can recall back in the day, when the Tasco's were juuuust being added to comp guns and we were blowing em up left and right and sending em back(gotta lovetheir warranty) they were about 250 bucks a pop, and we usually ran with 4 of em....one on the gun, one as a backup in the bag, one going back to tasco to be fixed and one coming back that was fixed....

I just got a pdp3 with a 5moa dot. It does not seem large enough i was going to take it back and get the soda can 38mm tube, 30mm lens with 5moa dot. I like the pdp3 I was thinking of keeping it for my 45 bullseye gun.