Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DP Ice Magwell and ETM's

Fishin6061

I am waiting for one of these to come in the mail and was wandering if anyone has any experience with it in conjunction to Wilson Combat ETM mags.

The ETMs will be pretty flush with the bottom of the magwell. Some people are using standard wilson basepads and they SHOULD still fit the box but give you a little more room to seat the mag. Problem you might run into is that the standard basepads over insertion stop won't hit the frame if you smack it hard enough.

I have been using an Ice Mawell with ETM's for the past several months. I did replace the basepads though with standard 47D basepads. They are just a slight bit longer but still fit IDPA/USPSA boxes. I haven't had any problems so far. I've been shooting 2 or 3 matches a month with this set up on my STI Sentinel 1911.

I had the ETM mags w/ice magwell, and had a problem w/some of them seating upon reload, so I added the longer basepads from the 47d and then had overinsertion problems now I have got rid of the etm mags for 47d and am very happy. also added the long basepads but need to do some "polishing" to fit the box