Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The New Post Office Flat Rate Boxes

Graham Smith

I really hate the post office and these new flat rate boxes are a PITA because if they don't have any you have to pay Priority rate because they've reduce the size of first class packages to 13oz. $8.70 for a small 18oz package - what a rip off!

BTW, here's what they don't tell you unless you ask - there is a package rate called Parcel Post. It's probably slower than a turtle and I'm not sure I'd trust it this time of year, but it is an option.

Edited by Graham Smith

I really hate the post office and these new flat rate boxes are a PITA because if they don't have any you have to pay Priority rate because they've reduce the size of first class packages to 13oz. $8.70 for a small 18oz package - what a rip off!

BTW, here's what they don't tell you unless you ask - there is a package rate called Parcel Post. It's probably slower than a turtle and I'm not sure I'd trust it this time of year, but it is an option.

Priority has always started at 13 ounces. The flat rate boxes are the same rate regardless of weight. My 69 pound Montana Gold bullet order just came in one. :)

Parcel post is 7-10 days, even this time of year.

I've found that a couple of minutes spent on USPS.com calculating postage saves me money....

It'll give you all the shipping options and their times and prices, depending on what you're sending....

That calculation determines how I package the item --- USPS provided priority mail box/envelope, or brown cardboard box/regular envelope

Priority has always started at 13 ounces. The flat rate boxes are the same rate regardless of weight. My 69 pound Montana Gold bullet order just came in one. :)

Parcel post is 7-10 days, even this time of year.

I got 65# of BBI 147s the other day.... Not sure how many I got, the box was blown out, and spilled into a plastic USPS Tub... The "Guvverment" Employee with the issue-carpel-tunnel wrist-braces behind the counter was none too happy... She had to lift it to a cart...

LOL

Jeff

The postal working at my new place never brings the boxes of bullets to my door. It's just a sly little note saying come pick them up at the office.

Write on that sly little note telling them that its there job to deliver and they are not doing their job. Hell if you want tell them a 120 pound lady delivers mine with out a fuss. If I'm home she asks, ASKS, if I would mind helping :cheers:

If they said come get them I would definitely be thoroughly P.O.ed! I hate it when people can't/won't do their job.