Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Model of 1955 Question

atlscrog

All,

I came across a "Model of 1955" at a local gun shop. It does not appear to be a later 25-2 as there is no model number inside the crane. It has allen/Torx head screws on the side plate, a Hogue mono-grip and the blue worn off in front of the cylinder on both sides of the barrel. It appears to have case hardened hammer and trigger (wide and smooth).

I'm thinking that given the wear on the finish (and obvious replacement screws?) it may not be a great deal at 700 bucks. Just looking for some opinions from the more knowledgeable people here.

Thanks,

Scott

The sideplate screws have been replaced. With the blue wear, it's probably not a good collectible. The only thing that might make it worth

that much is if it has a longer barrel than what you can get now, and you REALLY want that barrel length. Otherwise, a late model 625 would

be a lot better investment.

The sideplate screws have been replaced. With the blue wear, it's probably not a good collectible. The only thing that might make it worth

that much is if it has a longer barrel than what you can get now, and you REALLY want that barrel length. Otherwise, a late model 625 would

be a lot better investment.

It's got a longer barrel, I didn't measure it but thinking it's the 6 1/2 inch.

Thanks again for the feedback, much appreciated.

Scott

I shot a 25-2 this past year. I consider a 25-2 (or a 1955) functionally equivalent to a 5" 625, pretty much. Very minor advantages and disadvantages to each choice. $700 isn't a great price, but it's not horrible either, considering what they sell for these days, and considering that you can hardly find 5" 625s around anymore, particularly not for less than $700.

i think the LAPD had a big police auction just prior to the nats. i hear that the gang bangers like the 6" 25's alot these days. maybe the market got flodded with them? :roflol: or possibly the model 25 is just good?

Edited by scottyinAZ

Forgot to mention: There were lots of 25-2s at the USPSA Nats this year, for some reason.

Yeah, I am fortunate enough to have a 4 and 5 inch 625 (and a spare 5" 625 barrel)... but looking at all you guys shooting 25's at the Nats this year has motivated me to find a 25-2/Model of 1955.