Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speedloader Holders?

I've got a 6" S&W 14-7 and some "Bubberized" Jet Loaders to play with in Icore Retro. Looks like fun. My CR Speed holster will work but what about speedloader holders? The (pricey) Ready Tactical holders look like they may be the best way to go but I need opinions. Any other good options? I don't want to be tossing more stuff in my boxes of bad choices. IDPA legal is NOT a consideration.

Tom, I tried to upload a picture but nogo on my server, Have I ever mentioned that I hat dial-up. I use the Fasloads by Jeff Weimholt from Arkansas. I don't have the info handy but maybe someone else has it. His server, like mine, is sort of iffy and it may be hard to contact him online. I'll look around and get the info up if it does not get mentioned in the next few days. later rdd

Tom,

you could go the Pat/Neil Houge route and fashion something from PVC plumbing fixtures or maybe Bob Perdue could make something for you out of kydex. Or as bubber mentioned Jeff could make you something.

dcs

CRDB, thems be the ones. Toolguy the metal clips work ok depending on how big a caliber feller you be. I seem to push the loaders to oneside while wearing the metal clip, not that I have dunlap or anything like that. (Insert shaking head icon here) later rdd

How about just taking the middle plastic part out of some metal 45 moon clip holders?

I have a few but they really don't hold the trimmed down Jets (or Comp IIIs) very well. They do work pretty well with the x17 speedloader, they have more "body".

Edited by Tom E

Blade-Tech makes some kydex speedloader pouches. I picked up 2 doubles and a single for use in IDPA and USPSA. They have worked well for me so far, and will be put to the test in competition at the Toys for Tots match in SC on the 12th.

Blade-Tech makes some kydex speedloader pouches. I picked up 2 doubles and a single for use in IDPA and USPSA. They have worked well for me so far, and will be put to the test in competition at the Toys for Tots match in SC on the 12th.

Hey Blueridge, come on up to Sir Walter this Sat. and get some practice in for the SC match the following weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Well the blade tech speedloader pouches worked great for me at the Toys for Tots match. I did have one "operator error" where I turned the knob on my HKS speedloader as I was drawing it from the pouch. :blush:

"Well the blade tech speedloader pouches worked great for me at the Toys for Tots match. I did have one "operator error" where I turned the knob on my HKS speedloader as I was drawing it from the pouch."

I just hate when that happens!!! Been there, done that, but only once :rolleyes:

I bought a Safariland 333, "3 holer" to try. Seems like it's going to work well. Need 2 more now and some more Jet Loaders. The "retaining clip" meant for Comp III's seems to hold my "Bubberized" Jets nicely at the right height. The belt attaching is going to need some trimming but these look like a good way to go.