Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Ghost Carbon Holster

GunslingerDK

There is a site in Denmark that has these for sale. I've been doing a lot of reading and had actually decided to get a Speedsec 5 for my EAA Limited, as Henning says this is the best one. However on the danish site they don't list Tanfoglio as an option when buying this holster, and they call it Speedsec 5CW Holster... is this the same one Henning has?

I have not seen the above mentioned Super Ghost Carbon Holster mentioned here. Does this one have the same problems/issues I've been reading the Ghost Holster has?

SpeedSec5 CW is the model that I carry. They make it for a variety of different holsters so you have to make sure it is for Tanfoglio. If they carry it for Tanfoglio it will say so, otherwise my guess is that it is for STI. CW stands for Christian Wilda who is one of the top German IPSC shooters and a good friend of mine. He designed this holster for the guys who is making it. They have a new SpeedSec6 which is customizable for multiple holsters and looks like a CR holster. Personally I prefer the small #5 holster. I don't know what the Ghost carbon is. The do make carbon side panels for theirs, maybe that's what it's referring to. If they made the whole thing in carbon it probably would be awfully expensive. Of all the holsters I've used over the years, so far the SpeedSec5 [for tanfoglio] is the best fitting holster. Very little movement which is the important safety factor and fast/easy draw out of the holster. Only other holster I'd consider is a Blade-Tech Drop-Offset. The Blade-Tech over SpeedSec5; BT is half the price. BT is a very safe and protective holster "no worry". SS5 is ever so slightly quicker on the draw and serves as one holster for all square trigger guard Tanfo's; Open, Limited and IPSC Production (not USPSA production).

SpeedSec5 shipped from me; $149.95 + $19.75 shipping to Denmark.

Blade-Tech DOH shipped from me; $69.95 + $17.50 shipping to Denmark.

I have a Ghost holster for Tanfoglio that I just purchased with my new Witness Limited. I also have an older ghost holster with the pin for my STI open gun, and the Tanfoglio certainly rocks around a compared to that. After some adjustment though I am confident the gun will not come out with the holster in the locked position short of me getting hit by a truck. However, if i really, really try, I can force it out of the holster from the locked position, but it requires significant manipulation.

The Tanfoglio specific Ghost holsters are tough to come by in that states, but you can find them if you hunt around. I'd get a SpeedSec from Henning before getting a Ghost though. I only wound up with the Ghost because it was used (barely) and I got a really good deal on it; otherwise I would have gone with the Blade-Tech DOH or a Double Alpha PDR. I am coming from shooting Paras out of a Blade-Tech DOH, so it's what I am used to. Frankly, for someone who shoots only a couple matches a month, only a partial season, and doesn't do any serious draw practice in between, there is no real speed difference between a full holster and a Ghost or SpeedSec.

Okay, I think I'll go for the speedsec then! What about speedmag pouches, are they any good? I see Henning has these! Can you adjust how tight the mags sit?

+1 for the Speedsec gear. I have been using the holster and mag holders for around 3 years now and they are awesome. In terms of the mag holders I have used Safariland and CR Speed and prefer the Speedsec holders they are adjustable and also easier to adjust.

Okay, I think I'll go for the speedsec then! What about speedmag pouches, are they any good? I see Henning has these! Can you adjust how tight the mags sit?

+1 for the Speedsec gear. I have been using the holster and mag holders for around 3 years now and they are awesome. In terms of the mag holders I have used Safariland and CR Speed and prefer the Speedsec holders they are adjustable and also easier to adjust.

On Hennings website he lists Speedmag pouches, but it says large frame under both of them? I have a small frame... does it not matter or??

I don't have a speedsec magpouch for the small frame. Not sure if they even make it, but I think you could use the CZ75 type magpouches. I'll have to check with the on that. It's a little confusing at the moment, but I still have some Safariland left handed magpouches for both large and small frame.

On Hennings website he lists Speedmag pouches, but it says large frame under both of them? I have a small frame... does it not matter or??

As Henning's has said I don't think they make one for the small mags. You can tighten the large pouch so that a small frame mag sits tight but you will get movement forwards and backwards as the pouches are longer.

One thing you could possibly do is change the rollers on the inside to a slightly larger diameter to take up the slack. I haven't tried this personally but can try and report abck if you want!