Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I finally won something!

Revopop

So I went to the WVPPS match in Terre Haute that I'd been going to all summer (it's a good 2 hour drive but we visit my girl's parents while we're there) and when I arrive I find that I've forgotten my Revolver rig. No belt, holster, or moonclip holder. Luckily, I'd also packed my Single Stack(I tend to bring 2 guns because I do bonehead stuff like this all the time). I figured I wouldn't do very well because I've never shot much SS and I need longer basepads to be able to consistently seat the mags with my Techwell. Maybe lower expectations made me relax, maybe the best shooters weren't there for the year-end match, but dangit I won 3 stages! The only other time I've ever won a stage was when I was the only Revolver shooter, and a win by default is also a loss by default.

First stage was the "Can You Count" classifier, and sure I enough I had crappy reloads and tanked it. Once I was warmed up, though, I did a helluva lot better, including my best documented El Presidente ever with any gun. When I can't sleep at night, instead of counting sheep I visualize the "El Prez" in my mind while I drift off. Apparently that's working too.

All in all, a great feeling and a great way to end the year!

Edited by Revopop

This just keeps getting better! Right after I posted this, I get the match results in my email, along with this message:

Please note: Since only one classifier may be submitted for this level of match, only CM99-11 "El Presidente" was submitted as a classifier. The stage "Can You Count" remains part of the match, but will not count toward your USPSA classification.

Awesome!

Exactly. I let it happen, and it happened right. Too bad it was the last match of the year! Maybe if I start dryfire and livefire practicing regularly again, I'll get back in the zone!

Well, there you are.

We will have to introduce ourselves to each other next time we are at a match.

I will promise not to dry fire or practice all off-season if you will.....lol

Congratulations. I saw the scores and I was thinking, who the hell is this guy.... :cheers:

I'm the guy that only won one stage but was close enough to you to take SS winner.

Don't worry, I won't be shooting SS next year. With the cash prizes for the point series next year, I promised Scott I'd shoot revolver in Terre Haute next year if he and Everett did. I've actually been shooting only Revolver for 2 years before this, but after the IN sectional I spent all year waiting for .45 bullets from Precision Delta. I'd ordered 2000 from them, then finally broke down and ordered 1000 Bayou Bullets. Of course the PDs arrived the day before the other ones. So now that the season's over I'm sitting on 3000 .45 bullets.

I guess you'll just have to come to Owensboro if you want me to put a whuppin' on ya with my Single Stack!

Congrats. I shot single stack this weekend and I can respect the skill it takes to shoot one well. Makes my open gun fell like cheating.

A Revo friend of mine is just GAGA about Boyou bullets. They are green because they have alligator snot on them. He says that he dropped .2gr from his load and they are faster than Moly bullets, and .4 gr less than jacketed. I think Jerry Miculek owns the company. And the big plus is no build up of moly or lead they shoot very clean.