Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So where is the progress on the rear sight at?

slavex

Not sure when it happened but my rear sight blade broke today at the match I am currently shooting. Shot two stages without it, then switched to my M&P for the next stage. One our way to the next range for part two of three.

Sigh.....

Hey

The adjustable rear sight is on a standstill. It's a collaborative project so it's not me holding it up, but the awaiting the shop's investment in tooling.

In the mean-time I have decided to develop a slick fixed rear sight. It'll be great for USPSA Limited and USPSA/IPSC Production. Not so sure if it'll be the rear sight of choice for IPSC Standard because my H-550 basepads needs the rear sight to be compressed to fit in the box. I'm looking at a couple of options here so not a final word on it though. I do think a fixed rear sight would be highly advantageous from a reliability stand point. Windage will be easy to adjust, though elevation will have to be based on how the Limited shoots a 180gr bullet at 25 yards. If needed I may produce some tall front sights that can be filed to fit. However I'd prefer that wouldn't be necessary and I'm hoping we don't have to do that.

I'm on making a fixed rear sight on my own so just gimme a little time and it'll be ready before spring.

But I need it now! Arrrrggg

Lol

You might try the stock fixed rear sight. I have one on my 9mm conversion kit that i also use on the 40 s&w match and ordered another to try on the match . Filed the front sight to meet your needs, shortend and narrowed it up a bit . painted the face yellow. Works better than the junk adjustable sites. It also wouldn't break. Hard to beleave as good a gun as these are no one has a darn decent set of sights to run on them.