Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Problem With D Frame Speedloaders

doc540

in one word: "clearance"

shown with factory stocks, some aftermarket stocks are even thicker and provide less clearance

HKS

DSCN0575-1.jpg

Safariland

DSCN0579-1.jpg

Can they fit?

Yes

Is it quick and easy?

Not unless you practice a lot.

One must very accurately and carefully insert the cartridge tips and try to line them up in the cylinder holes.

While it may appear from the (slightly out of focus) pics that they're inserted crooked, there lies the rub, so to speak. They more easily line up "crooked" than they do "straight" due to the lack of clearance with the frame and stocks.

I don't see any problem with the speed loaders, just an very good reason to purchase another revolver, either a second Colt or something that offers easier and speedier reloads.

Thank you for that brilliant suggestion.

I needed reasoned motivation to buy another gun. :cheers:

Doc, Hve you thought of cutting the Comp III's down. I tke it down so that the rims of the cases are showing out of the sides. I have not figured how to embed it to the respnse so I have it as an attachment. You can find all the info for the mod in the FAQ's on the Revo Forum. The last part I chock it up in a cheap lathe before putting it back together with a spacer in the body to keep it from flexing on the chuck and turn it down. Being on dial up sure makes it slo to get info out from South Anklescratch Oklahoma.post-309-1258598667_thumb.jpg

And Yes one of them is with Short Colt with one round cut down to 38 super length. This will also give you more room with the Grips. I can give you more ifo if you wish but most of it is covered in the FAQ's Later rdd

• 2 weeks later...

Jim Badger was kind enough to re-cut my custom grips.

Kinda hard to see, but he took thickness off the left, upper thumb groove.

Much more narrow on the left side and helps line up the speedloaders.

Jim's just the best!

DSCN0644-1-1.jpg