Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sighting in red dot

ChrisC

I sighted in my c more this afternoon at about the 10 yard line due to where the targets normally are. What distance do you all sight yours in for action shooting? What distance is most important for the X ring?

I sighted in my c more this afternoon at about the 10 yard line due to where the targets normally are. What distance do you all sight yours in for action shooting? What distance is most important for the X ring?

For Bianchi Cup shooting I sight mine in to hit center in the Xring at 50 yards. Depending on how high your scope is above the bore you may then need to hold near the top of the Xring at 10 yards.

Chris, I sight mine in at 15 yards at a cross, I want to be exactly centered but a 1/2 inch low and that works getting me close at the fifty yard X ring and 25 yards also. I use 15 yards because that is where I can see the exact spot the shot breaks. Soemthing about getting old but I cannot remember what it is. YMMV later rdd

I sighted a C-more in yesterday at 17 yards. The load is running at 1400 FPS. The point of impact varies from 1 1/2 inches low to 1 1/2 inches high from 5 yards to 50 yards so I can hold on the center of the A zone and don't have to think about it.

I sighted a C-more in yesterday at 17 yards. The load is running at 1400 FPS. The point of impact varies from 1 1/2 inches low to 1 1/2 inches high from 5 yards to 50 yards so I can hold on the center of the A zone and don't have to think about it.

mines kicking a whooping 750 or so feet per second :)

i loaded up a few more rounds going to chrono them and ill set back a few more feet and tap the X ring