Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will a "manufacturer" only match get USPSA sanctioning?

sperman

I have no problem with a match limited to a specific division, but it seems to me a match that requires the use of a certain manufacturers equipment excludes a lot of shooters that choose to run something different. Does USPSA have any rules regarding sanctioning a match like this?

Edited by sperman

A similar theme was brought up on Global Village. The context was a true production match, where everyone would fire the same gun.

It would be interesting to see how well attended a Glock/CZ/S&W match would be. Instead of a regular match, I could see such an event being run as a promotional match, by invite.

Face it, wouldn't you buy the video of an all pro match where everyone shoot only a match supplied pistol and mags using factory ammo???

Scott,

Look up the "Glocks Only" match on the USPSA website under 2010 matches and contact the match director. That is a manufacturer specific match which is USPSA "Recognized" as an Other Match I think, but the match director could give you the specifics.

Yes, the glocks only match is Recognized, meaning that it uses the USPSA Targets, Safety rules, scoring, etc; pays mission count, but dispenses with division requirements.

It was started I believe, in an effort to get all the open and limited folks out shooting the gun they most likely carry for protection instead.

Last years match was capped at 100 entries, Alpha Female allowed 130 in and turned another 20 away, so I dont think there is an exclusion of folks that would have shot it otherwise. Besides, folks are allowed to shoot their non-glocks anyway, but they wont be competing for cash or prizes. The idea has been catching on, to the point of discussion about a three match championship series within Area 1.

Alpha Female needs to be congratulated for creating her very own equipment race; last couple years, many folks have built guns specifically for this match.

10 stages, one day, very low entry fee (rumored to increase this year to $30) and cash back to most of the shooters.

Edited by Tim Egan

Yes, the glocks only match is Recognized, meaning that it uses the USPSA Targets, Safety rules, scoring, etc; pays mission count, but dispenses with division requirements.

It was started I believe, in an effort to get all the open and limited folks out shooting the gun they most likely carry for protection instead.

Last years match was capped at 100 entries, Alpha Female allowed 130 in and turned another 20 away, so I dont think there is an exclusion of folks that would have shot it otherwise. Besides, folks are allowed to shoot their non-glocks anyway, but they wont be competing for cash or prizes. The idea has been catching on, to the point of discussion about a three match championship series within Area 1.

Alpha Female needs to be congratulated for creating her very own equipment race; last couple years, many folks have built guns specifically for this match.

10 stages, one day, very low entry fee (rumored to increase this year to $30) and cash back to most of the shooters.

Is it a Level 1 match?

We held a factory-gun match (Production/Revo/SS) that went very well. Since Production is "the great equalizer" in my eyes, I'd love to see Production-Only matches. We shot a BUG match last week local, and it was a blast! Large popper/activator at 10 yards with a Kel-Tec...

I think the only advantage of a One-Brand match would be the possibility of brand sponsorship. Big money from S&W? Glock already has their GSSF matches, so I doubt they'd care...

JW

No, it's not really a Level 1 match.

If I recall correctly (don't quote me)...

Our "sanctioned" matches in USPSA are Level's I, II, & III. The requirements to be meet for running those matches are in the back of the rule book.

If you want to run something different, but use USPSA resources (rule book, safety rules, trained RO's, scoring software, etc), then I think that you contact the USPSA office and request that your match be approved as a "recognized" USPSA match.

The match would still owe mission count fees, which I think would be at rate of a non-classifier Level I match?

• 3 weeks later...

April 25, 2010 will be Idaho's 8th Annual Glock's Only State Championship match held in Emmett, Idaho. The entry form will be published in USPSA's Frontsight Jan/Feb issue. For those of you who have previously shot the match, you are invited to send in your entry prior to publication - check your emails. If anyone has questions about the match, please let me know.

AlphaFemale