Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll - STI GP6 vs STI Spartan

Fullauto_Shooter

Won a certificate for my choice of a Free Gun from American Shooters Edge (Thanks Guys!) at the LE/MIL match in San Antonio yesterday. Great match by the way.

I don't have a definite purpose in mind for the gun, but wondered which you guys would choose.

Leaning toward the Spartan since I already have a pile of .45 mags, but haven't shot either one so my mind is fairly open.

So - which would you pick?

Doug

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Hello: I have a Spartan and it sounds like you have some 45's already. I would take the competition GP-6 if you can. It will make a fine Production pistol. Thanks, Eric

Eric / All,

The certificate doesn't cover the new competition GP6, it is good for the standard model.

ETA: Looks like the Spartan currently has a slight edge over the GP6.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Hello: Throw a little cash in and get the Comp model GP-6 :cheers: I really do love my Spartan but if you have a couple of 1911's you may want to try the GP-6 comp. It has a nice trigger and is kinda cool looking. Thanks, Eric

Good point, Eric. How would you rate the GP-6 Comp compared to a G34 with the 3.5lb trigger? The two are still neck and neck.

Hello: My Glocks have triggers that I worked over to give a short reset and lighter trigger. The GP-6 has a longer reset but is very good. It is better than the CZ Shadow I had and the grip angle is the same as a 1911. I should add that my Spartan has been great but I have been shooting more 9mm in Production and now Open and really like it :cheers: That may be why I vote for the GP-6 over the Spartan. I also think it would be easier to sell the GP-6 if you wanted to or need to. The comp model is much better than the standard at least it was when I tried them both at the nationals. I do like Glocks though. The Spartan does need a magwell and new front sight(original too wide for me). Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric