Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Three gun rifle set up

Alaskapopo

I watched Colds (team Noveske) video the other day and noticed they were all shooting guns similar to my Larue Stealth in size. They had PRS stocks and 18 to 20 inch barrels. I thought I would try to change some things around on my Larue.

This is before. Its set up as a DMR rifle and its heavy.

LarueSideview.jpg

I pulled the scope off and put my Swarovski on it from my Noveske. I also took off the bi pod and mono pod. This lightened the gun up a lot. I then added the hand stop.

LarueThreegunsetup.jpg

Larueleftside.jpg

I have not shot it like this yet. But doing dry fire drills it did not seem too heavy. I think I will try this at my next three gun match. It offers better accuracy and more velocity than my 14.5 inch Noveske.

N4description.jpg

I am ordering a Aimpoint T1 for the Noveske and I think I will use it as my patrol rifle instead of my Colt. It feels very light. I will post a pic with the new optic when it comes in. Sometimes you don't know what you have.

Pat

Nice rifle!

However I think you need one more set of iron sights just in case that cheap POS Sworovski craps out on you as they all do so regularly. :goof:

If your concerned about weight get an A2 or an ACE stock and lose the heavy sniper stock.

How does the hand stop deal work? I was thinking it would point the opposite direction and sit out at the end of the forearm. My reasoning was because I was taught to keep my front hand as far forward as possible to increase leverage at the end of the rifle which in turn leads to increased speed on side to side target transitions? (See Daniel Horners grip) Therefore the stop at the end of the rifle would keep your hand from sliding off the end if the forearm and onto the hot barrel???

Edited by jtischauser

The reason those guys run the PRS stock is to balance the rifle....hence the weight. Its also nice to have the adjustability and durability there in case you have to go to the ground and clear a malfunction. The overall weight of the gun may be heavy but the actual weight you are holding out at the forend is much decreased and aides a ton in offhand stability.

Notice how the guns in the video just shoot so flat. Thanks to the Titan comps being so effective. None of those guns have lightened reciprocating mass or adjustable gas.

Anybody have a link to the aforementioned video?

Here is some video of the Noveske Shooting Team at Steel City on Halloween and at Cool Springs Pistol/shotgun match

ver very flat shooting rifles indeed. Great now I need a new stick and have to experiment with this comp too! Man for free forum site this place sure does cost me a bunch of money.

Nice rifle!

However I think you need one more set of iron sights just in case that cheap POS Sworovski craps out on you as they all do so regularly. :goof:

If your concerned about weight get an A2 or an ACE stock and lose the heavy sniper stock.

How does the hand stop deal work? I was thinking it would point the opposite direction and sit out at the end of the forearm. My reasoning was because I was taught to keep my front hand as far forward as possible to increase leverage at the end of the rifle which in turn leads to increased speed on side to side target transitions? (See Daniel Horners grip) Therefore the stop at the end of the rifle would keep your hand from sliding off the end if the forearm and onto the hot barrel???

I just put the hand stop on so I am learning how to use it. I have it where it puts my hand fairly far forward for me. I may have it on backwards. I thought it was to keep you from going too far back when you grab the rifle. I will play with it more tonight.

Pat

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know for sure what load the Noveske team runs in the 308s

Also what muzzle brakes

Thanks

Dan

The Noveske Shooting Team uses SureFire or Titan brakes on all rifles.

Edited by cold