Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Extension Tube

TruePunisher

How can I tell if I have a good Nordic extension or one of the older bad tubes?

I have one on my Remington and I was told that it was a good one. I just got a Benelli and picked up a tube and then I was told that the tube I have for my new Benelli is bad. They both look the same to me... how can I know for sure??

believe it's in the thread design-not sure how you can tell. i bought a new tube (only), and it would not thread into the nut. talked to tim and he told me mine was one of the older models. he shipped a brand new one with the newer threads for free. he'll take care of you-PM him.

If the endcap (not the barrel nut) will screw onto BOTH ends, it is an older model and Nordic will replace it.

(its not necessarily bad, it will work, but breaking the end screwed into the barrel nut is highly possible, espcially if not using a barrel clamp)

If the endcap will screw onto only one end, it is a newer model, good to go!

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

+1 on what Rigger said.

The best option if you have an old one is get it replaced now. Tim and the guys at Nordic are First Class!

If you do have an older one and it does break at the barrel nut on you in a match and you don't have a spare you can try a field fix that worked for me and let me finish the rest of the '08 Iron Man.

Unscrew the broken threaded section from the barrel nut and unscrew the end cap from the other end. Screw the remaining threaded end into the barrel nut. Re-insert your follower and spring (this is where your buddies hands come into play). Get some strips of duct tape ready, approximately 6" and capture the end of the spring in the Nordic end cap and push it all back into the tube and while holding the end cap flush with the end of the tube get a strip of duct tape across the top of the cap and smooth the ends down the sides of the mag tube. Do this with 3 or 4 strips of tape and then wrap one strip around the circumference of the taped on end cap. Now position your barrel / mag tube clamp over the duct tape and tighten. This worked for me through most of the match because it broke of the first stage of the second morning...

:cheers:

Jeff

If the endcap (not the barrel nut) will screw onto BOTH ends, it is an older model and Nordic will replace it.

(its not necessarily bad, it will work, but breaking the end screwed into the barrel nut is highly possible, espcially if not using a barrel clamp)

If the endcap will screw onto only one end, it is a newer model, good to go!

jj

Thanks for the info, I will have to test it.