Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warren Tactical Rear

G-ManBart

I like the look of the Warren Tactical rear sight and am considering putting one on my Pro. Can anybody tell me how tall theirs is from the bottom of the dovetail to the top of the blade? I'm trying to see if I'll have to swap front sights. I have the stock rear and a Dawson FO front on it now. I'm going off memory, but I think the front is a .180". As best I can tell the Warren front is .165" tall. Some info I've seen says they set up their combos for a six O'clock hold and you have to go with a taller front to have point of aim, point of impact coincide.

I don't mind swapping the front if necessary, but figured I'd see if anybody has played with this combo already and has it worked out. R,

I had the warren sight on my 4.25 M&P with the stock front sight and it shot the same POA as the stock sights. I recently switched to the warren FO front with the warren rear and it shoots the same POA. So, I don't think they are set up for 6:00 hold.

The 5in m&p's have a different sight set up so I'm not sure what will change with it.

.245 rear and .165 front is the way the come in the set.

Thanks. Someone just PM'd me and said they used the Warren rear and needed a .190" Dawson front to get it right. I just measured the factory rear and it's .240" (hard to measure it perfectly) from the top of the slide to the top of the blade. From the bottom of the dovetail to the top of the blade worked out to be .325".

Since POI will vary with ammo I may have to experiment. Right now, with the AA&A 147gr Team Glock load it's almost exactly 1.5" low at 25yds. I'd like to raise that up a touch as it's also a little low at short range. A's are everything in Production and I'd rather not have to think about aiming high on a 10yd head shot :)

Under the FWIW file....

I have a 9L and I was trying to decide between the Warren tactical rear and the Dawson fixed rear site. The Warren tactical rear site is shorter than the Dawson fixed rears. I was shooting the BBI 130gr with solo 1000 powder and was obtaining a PF of 131....

The Warren rear is .240" tall, and the Dawson is .255" tall.

I shot both with a .180 tall Dawson front site.

With the Warren rear, I was shooting about 4.5" high at 25 yards.

With the the Dawson rear, I was shooting about 3.5" high at 25 yards.

I ordered a new Dawson front site that now measures .215. The POA is now the POI with the Dawson rear site (or at least VERY VERY close).

.245 rear and .165 front is the way the come in the set.

Thanks. Someone just PM'd me and said they used the Warren rear and needed a .190" Dawson front to get it right. I just measured the factory rear and it's .240" (hard to measure it perfectly) from the top of the slide to the top of the blade. From the bottom of the dovetail to the top of the blade worked out to be .325".

Since POI will vary with ammo I may have to experiment. Right now, with the AA&A 147gr Team Glock load it's almost exactly 1.5" low at 25yds. I'd like to raise that up a touch as it's also a little low at short range. A's are everything in Production and I'd rather not have to think about aiming high on a 10yd head shot :)

I for one am glad you do some of this cyphering/ciphering where I can read along!!! Thanks and good luck!