Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide removal problem

sid

I have a CZ 75B with the Omega trigger system which I purchased in April. Since then I have had to return it twice to CZ for various problems. I have now put more than 2000 rounds through it and there are no malfunctions and it is accurate. It also will digest all of my reloads without any difficulty. My only problem is in disassembly for cleaning. I cannot get the slide off the frame using just my two hands. I have put the hammer at half cock and at full cock and it makes no difference. The rails in the slide and frame are kept clean and oiled. When I called CZ about this I was told to "just use more force." Since then I have had to give the back of the slide a couple of light taps with a rubber mallet to get it to move forward off the frame.

I am really disappointed because the main reason I bought this pistol was its reputation for quality. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had a similar experience. TIA

Check the part of the frame where the blunt end of the guide rod sits against the frame. There may be some burrs there. When you disassemble the gun, the barrel slides through that gap and if there is a burr there then it will require force to move the barrel lug through it. If there is a problem then a small file will take care of it.

To see if that is the problem, remove the slide, take out the barrel and then place the barrel in the frame where it would be if it were inside the slide. Then move the barrel forward through the frame. I am guessing that the barrel lugs will stick where the blunt end of the guide rod has squished the frame a little.

Edited by BritinUSA

pull the trigger..

trigger bar is being pushed up into the slide notch. by pulling the trigger the trigger bar pushes back and down..slide should come off.

(as always..make sure mag is out, gun is unloaded.)