Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm in the large frame Mags?

ck1

Ok, so I've read that there possibly/maybe could be an "improved" magazine being imported soon for the 9mm in the large framed guns... but seems neither Henning nor EAA have them yet or are sure when/if they'll get them. These "improved" mags supposedly have the spacer at the rear of the mag body (interestingly just like STI/SV have been doing for years), but who knows...

That said, my question is: has anyone tried an Arredondo plastic 9mm spacer in the back of an EAA .38super mag with EAA's/Tanfoglio's old "small frame" 9mm follower?

(I'm thinking the feeding will be better with the rounds and follower pressed up against the front of the mag body versus having dead space for the follower/rounds to nose-dive into...)

AND, if no one has... do you guys see anything else I might be missing in trying this set-up? thinking of trying it out...

Seems most guys with my gun (Elite Match 9mm) are running the newer EAA/Tanfoglio 18rd mags with the spacer in the front and watching that the feed lips are bent to .335, and for now, so am I...

However, I'd hardly call mine reliable, in fact loading more than 10rds into a mag is practically asking for nose-dives, and while I really only need 10 in a mag since I mostly shoot IDPA, I'm not real confident I won't be practicing tap-rack-bang drills or worse if I were to run these mags in a match, so I'm trying to find something that will work better...

I do not reload as of yet, so loading to a longer OAL is not an option for me, I want to get the mags to function 100% with factory ammo.

A couple other things I'm considering trying on these newer/current mags with the spacer in the front are: (1) just a stronger mag spring, and (2) maybe fabricating a bit of metal for the front of the mag body at the top near where it would land near the feed ramp, forming the same "ramp" you'll find on Metalform/Springfield 9mm 1911 mags, probably won't be easy....

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by ck1