Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack 40 S&w 10rd Mags

p3ordie

Hello,

I purchased 7 mags from Metalform last week. 5 of them function pretty well, I went though 500 rds testing them over the weekend. The two remaining mags have problems, 99% of the time when I pull back the slide to chamber a round it will jam every time, the slide will not lock back on the last round either. The other mag is very dificult to laod, I can only load 4~5 rounds, the spring will not compress any more. I have contacted the manufacturer, havent heard anything back yet. I am using a Springfield 1911 PX9155L.

Thanks,

Mark

Have anyone had any issues with their mags swelling when loaded? I have 4 of them and the reliability has been flawless in feeding. However, my mags swell quite a bit when they are loaded and if you try to drop a mag with 5 rounds or more in it, it won't. It gets stuck and you have to remove it by hand and it won't drop free. After it only has 4 rounds or less, will it drop free. Anyone else?

I've seen mag swell in double column magazines, but not single stacks. In the double stack, the sides of the mags are holding the rounds in place (i.e. that rounds push outward). I'd think on the single stack, the round would only be pushing upward.

Regarding swelling 40 cal SS mags, see my post at the link below which I pasted below:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...=tripp,and,mags

UPDATE: after much use my new style Tripp mags are now swelling and not falling out of the gun. I called Tripp concerning this yesterday and he said to throw the top 3" of a gutted mag body in a padded vise and squeeze it down to 0.533" width. I threw two mag bodies in the vise, was able to squeeze them down to 0.540", from 0.545", and tested them today with great success. It seemed to me like if you squeezed them any tighter than 0.540" the follower would start binding in the tube. Hope this helps....