Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Mount Questions

BLUTO

Before I get crucified, I did several searches but couldnt find a comparison so here is my question - whats the difference between the Quinn II and the Cheely mount?

Im ready to buy one or the other but really would like to know the difference.........

Before I get crucified, I did several searches but couldnt find a comparison so here is my question - whats the difference between the Quinn II and the Cheely mount?

Im ready to buy one or the other but really would like to know the difference.........

I'd like to think I'm friends with both guys, so I don't have an agenda. The two are made of different kinds of aluminum, don't weigh the same and the QII puts the scope farther back than the Cheely, which isn't a good/bad thing as there are benefits to both. I haven't tried a Cheely mount, but the QI on my gun I got a little bit of comp residue on the front of the scope lens and a little bit of oil/powder residue on the back of the scope lens. My guess is the QII would make it more likely that you're just getting stuff on one side. With this sort of design, where you can't use a blast shield, you're going to have to live with some amount of lens cleaning. Still, I could shoot a couple of stages before it really needed to be wiped off. R,

I am using a Quinn II on my SteelMaster without any lens residue issue during a match. While the Steel Master has a short barrel/slide, it does not have any poppel holes in the barrel. That may be part of the reason I am not experiencing any residue. I do clean the lens after each match as part of my normal gun cleaning.

I get some oil residue on the back of the lens with my Quinn II but it's usually on the first stage when I shoot the gun after it's been cleaned and oiled. A quick wipe and I'm good for the rest of the match.

I have a hybrid gun and I was getting oil on the front of my lens from the lube I was putting on the barrel cone lock up. This was with a regular Dawson mount with a blast shield I switched to slide glide and that solved the issue. I was still using oil on the rest of the gun at that point and had no issues.

I recently put a QII mount on it because I was worried about the hybrid holes and wanted to get the scope lens as far from it as possible. When I was sighting in the gun I was getting oil splattered on the back of the lens so now I need to use Slide glide on the lugs and barrel hood.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

I have a hybrid gun and I was getting oil on the front of my lens from the lube I was putting on the barrel cone lock up. This was with a regular Dawson mount with a blast shield I switched to slide glide and that solved the issue. I was still using oil on the rest of the gun at that point and had no issues.

I recently put a QII mount on it because I was worried about the hybrid holes and wanted to get the scope lens as far from it as possible. When I was sighting in the gun I was getting oil splattered on the back of the lens so now I need to use Slide glide on the lugs and barrel hood.

Neal in AZ

I get a little bit on there too, but just carry a bit of old T and give it a wipe. SG works great too or use Gun Butter. With GB you still get alittle bit, but not like with Mobile.

JT