Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zeroing Slugs

outerlimits

so after a club match, getting ready for the MG nats, i proceed to re-zero my slugs since changing a battery in the doctor. that's another rant in and of itself. anyway, grab a shot-up target, put a black cross on it and start at 25 yds. i fire 3 rounds and i'm not on the paper. go back and look thru the scope, looks about right, but decide to raise the dot a bit. fire 2 more and again, no slug hole. wtf? i look a little closer at the target and see it has alot more holes than when i stapled it up. wtf?

i go back and look at the empty box of remington slugs, then look down at the hulls that say "00 buck"! :surprise:

I was zeroing a red dot scope on a 870 for hunting using Remington Buck Hammers. That was a miserable experience. They kick harder than anything I have ever shot. On the second shot I was looking down range to see if my teeth were there. After about 6 or 7 shots I hit the dead center of my target. I said THANK GOD and was putting the gun away when my friend asked "ain't you going to shoot it again to verify that shot?" I replied no, hell no, I hope I never have to shoot this thing ever, ever again.

They almost got the name of the slug right. It should be called Hunter Hammer.