Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9x23 To Supercomp

Steve Anderson

Steve, I pretty much asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. Several replied that supercomp would run in 9x23. I have found that supercomp, loaded the same as 9x23, will case gauge, chamber gauge, and cycle in my 9x23. 38 super would do it with some extractor tuning.

Steve..

it will function...You will be dedicating that brass to that gun..as the rear of the 9x23 case is bigger and your supercomp brass will swell to fit the bigger tapered chamber..your brass will fireform to the taper..which may be a bear when it comes to relaoding it. 38 super dies wil be tight and not sure how the 9mm dies will take to it.

I think it is a compromise..but that is only because your chamber was not designed for the brass you want to shoot. That said..I have shot 38SC and 38 super out of my 9x23 guns and have no reliability issues..the gun ran fine. Idid not notice any problems accuracy wise either but heck..it was an IPSC/USPSA match..not the Bianchi Cup....

hope that helps a little..

also..the WIN 9x23 brass is a lot thicker..so load development will be different..but you most likely will work off your data that you have already..