Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE in NC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Sorry to say there will be no more ICORE monthly matches at Caswell Ranch, turn out is very low with an av of 6 shooters it costs more to hold that comes in. Match will be replaced with a second IDPA monthly match.

Regards,

Dean

I wish that I had gotten the chance to attend an ICORE match at Caswell Ranch. Unfortunately with work, competitive (olympic style) fencing, USPSA, IDPA, and being located on the coast of NC I just could not find the time. I was fortunate to have the chance to attend the NC IDPA Championship that was recently held there, and will be attending the US IDPA East Coast Championship that will be held there in August.

Will there still be the possibility of an ICORE state match next year? Or is this the last we can expect to see ICORE at Caswell Ranch?

I loved the ICORE matches, but then again, I enjoy any match that Dean and Bev put on. I'll shoot anything Dean is running, but I was thinking a "Fun Match" like Frank runs would be an excellent vehicle to allow Dean to fully express his evil stage design genius :devil: .

The loss of the ICORE match was a bummer, but to this newbie, the bigger loss was the loss of a small-ish venue where we got lots of one-on-one (well, ok, 6-on-1) coaching and help by a terrific teacher.

As a newb to competitive shooting who's only able to shoot about 2 matches a month, the opportunity to shoot any match is good, whether it be USPSA or IDPA, or even a fun match. Even if it's not as small, I'll be coming to Dean's.

Tom